Abjure is a verb.
Meanings: renounce; disavow; reject; disown; give up.
Adjure means to appeal, often in an earnest manner. It also refers to the act of being bound by oath to say something.
Examples of Abjure:
1. After seeing the horrifying images of ulcers that could lead to oral cancer at the dental clinic, the patient decided to abjure smoking.
2. The father abjured his son after realizing that despite all his pleas he would not give up his criminal ways.
3. The magazine's Editor abjured the photographer's request to add more images as it would mean exceeding the page limit.
Examples of Adjure:
1. The team captain adjured the press persons to ask one question at a time.
2. The jury panel adjured the contestants not to quarrel amongst themselves.
3. The police inspector adjured the informant to give them a clear idea of when the next smuggled consignment would arrive.