Ingenious and Ingenuous are commonly confused words as they sound similar. However, they are both pronounced differently and have different usage.
Ingenious is an adjective.
Meanings: clever; resourceful; original; inventive; creative
Ingenuous is an adjective.
Meanings: frank; honest; innocent; candid; trusting; sincere
Examples of Ingenious:
1. The ISC Webmaster introduced an ingenious scheme whereby members could introduce a poll as a Forum thread for discussion and vice-versa.
2. The school children displayed an ingenious science project which could reduce air pollution.
3. The engineering student invented an ingenious elevator to reduce the time taken to carry materials to the top of a building under construction.
Examples of Ingenuous:
1. The ISC Star Award is a special award given to ingenuous and hardworking members.
2. Within a few days of joining Frank proved to be an ingenuous and loyal staff member.
3. Only ingenuous people can be successful in their careers.