Torpedo as noun.
Meaning: a long narrow bomb that is fired under the water from a ship or submarine and that explodes when it hits its target.
‘Torpedo' is a singular term.
Plural form of this word is ‘torpedoes.'
‘Torpedo' as a verb.
Meaning: ‘torpedo' has two meanings as a verb.
1. Attack a ship or make it sink using a torpedo.
2. To completely destroy the possibility that something could succeed.
1. A single torpedo fired from the submarine hit the enemy's ship and it sank. (here ‘torpedo' is noun)
The use of ‘torpedo' as verb is mentioned below.
1. The lady does not know how to speak properly to the clients. Due to her
comments only the deal torpedoed.
2. Attacks on Indians in Australia should not be permitted to torpedo the relations between these two countries.