Process writing is used to describe how something is done. It explains a process in a series of steps or stages and is generally organised according to time.
Guidelines for writing a process
1. Always assign a title to the description of the process , which is able to convey the aim of the process clearly.
2. Follow a logical order or time sequence. Each part of the process may be numbered with words like first, second, next, then, and so on
3. Try to make the language simple and easy
4. Try to keep the sentences short
5. Give a labelled diagram if it is possible to make the instructions clear
Read about the process of making rice pudding
You will need:
One cup milk , Old rice 1 tablespoon, sugar 2 tablespoon, rose water 1 tablespoon, rose petals and nuts for decoration
First, wash the rice and soak for 1 hour
Now drain the rice grind it to make a paste of it
Add milk in a pan and boil it
After boiling the milk, take off the pan from the fire and let it cool
Then add paste of rice in the milk and blend well
Place the pan on fire again , stir continuously to avoid lumps formation.
After it thickens add sugar and rose water stir till cool
Then Pour it in serving bowl and decorate with rose petals and nuts