It is a common practice these days that whenever anyone has to present a presentation, he makes use of PowerPoint slides. It is mostly seen in corporate world where lots of meetings, trainings, reviews happen and people make use of PowerPoint slides wherein important points are noted down for ease of remembrance. At the time of presentation, these points are then elaborated and explained verbally, some examples or case studies added or some additional comments are made to make the presentation interesting and interactive.
On the other hand, there are occasions, when the speaker includes in his slides everything that he is going to say. As a result of this, during the presentation, all he does is merely read from the slides; he doesn’t elaborate or add anything new.
Such a presentation where the speaker reads verbatim from the slides without providing any comment is called ‘PowerPoint singalong’.
1. The audience was feeling sleepy since the presentation was just a PowerPoint singalong.
2. Everyone was expecting a lot from the new manager, but when he called a meeting it was a mere PowerPoint singalong and everyone was disappointed.
3. The client had made it clear beforehand that it all depends on the Proposal defense presentaion, and that they do not expect it to be a PowerPoint singalong.
4. The teacher asked him to prepare again for the presentation, since it was nothing more than a PowerPoint singalong.
5. To make the speech interactive, make sure it is not a PowerPoint singalong.
6. The faculty emphasized on adding light humour and to making the presentaion interactive. She also advised not to make it simply PowerPoint singalong.