Complement is a verb. Meanings: match; go together; harmonize; balance
Compliment is a noun. Meanings: praise; flattering remark; admiring comment; tribute.
- The Antonym of Compliment is Criticize
1. The two pianists complemented each other beautifully to give a superb performance.
2. The ice skating couple complemented each other so well that everybody gave them a standing ovation at the end for their flawless routing.
1. The India Study Channnel Webmaster complimented the trainee editors on doing a good job of clearing up pending work.
2. The assistant Doctor was very happy when the Surgeon complimented him for doing up the sutures perfectly.