The word skilful is also written as skillful in American English. This word is an adjective.
Meaning - having or showing skill
The word skilful is often (not always) followed by at/in when used in a sentence. For e.g.
1. Raghav is skilful in playing guitar.
2. My father trusts Madhav because he is skilful at handling such situations.
3. To get success in business, one needs to be skilful as well as audacious.
The following words are synonyms of skillful -
5. well versed
1. Albus Dumbledore was an adroit magician who could confront evil Lord Voldemort.
2. Raghav gave the whole credit of the successful launch of the new cell phone to his dexterous team.
3. Sachin Tendulkar is adept at playing aggressive shots as well as calm strokes.
4. Abhijat Joshi is a proficient script writer who has written blockbusters like Lage Raho Munnabhai and 3 Idiots.
5. Kishore is well versed in a no. of foreign languages including French and German.