Five meanings of Ultimate
Author: Varid Member Level: Gold Points: 3 (₹ 3)
The word Ultimate has several meanings:-
(1). Final result of a series of events.
(2). Greatest authority in a particular system.
(3). The actual cause or aim of something.
(4). Most extreme.
(5). Best possible example of something.
The usage (three each) of Ultimate respectively in the order of the meanings above is as follows:-
1. I knew that for the ultimate success of the revolution, the food grains had to be imported.
2. He showed him the answer to the question knowing his ultimate performance.
3. The ultimate part of the story was really exciting.
1. Parliament has the ultimate authority to dismiss the government.
2. The President of India has the ultimate authority to grant pardon to a criminal.
3. The webmaster of ISC retains the ultimate authority.
1. The ultimate purpose of any religion is to seek God.
2. The ultimate purpose of life is to help others.
3. The C.B.I. could not find the ultimate cause for his death.
1. Rahul was in his ultimate anger when he found his assignment stolen.
2. In the contemporary era, discriminating a person is the ultimate abuse of human rights.
3. Driving a car in the ultimate speed in mountainous areas means inviting death.
1. ‘Mona Lisa’ by Da Vinci is the ultimate work in painting.
2. His ideas seem to be the ultimate examples of creativity.
3. The stories of Mahatma Gandhi are the ultimate illustrations of one’s truthfulness.