It is a document that has the summary of education and job experience (if any) for employment.
Here is the layout of a functional resume.
The resume starts with the name and address of the job seeker. This includes complete name, address and phone number. Remember to include proper details here as it is used to contact the job seeker.
This includes the job the job seeker wants to have. Only the name of job is written. No description required.
This is to be framed carefully. You cannot write “To be the CEO of this company within 3 years." Such career objective will not give you the job. Instead go for open sentences like “To work for an organization with good ambience."
Also career objective is tailored to the job the person is seeking. One line career objective is a good option.
Some examples of career objectives are as follows:
1. To obtain a challenging position in a large software organization providing business consulting, application development and product engineering.
2. To contribute to the growth of a high technology engineering enterprise by working in a position where I will have opportunities to utilize my exposure and experience.
3. To work as a team leader in an innovative software company where I will be able to use my experience in the areas of management.
This includes the qualifications the candidate has. Remember that this should include the skills that are relevant and related to the job the person is seeking.
Skills not related to the concerned job are listed under special skills.
This includes skills that the candidate thinks, may help to make him/her more suitable for the job.
If a person seeks a job in a software company, skills of acting as group leader will be treated as special skill.
In this, the educational qualification of the candidate is listed in reverse chronological order.
Here, details about the educational institute, year, grades and marks are to be included too.
Here also, details are put in reverse chronological order.
One has to include the organization he/she worked in, year and location.
Activities and Interests
This is the place where the job seeker gets the chance to write his interests and hobbies. But don't try to put false information here. This is because the interview panel may ask you questions related to what you wrote here.
Also, the job seeker has to write about his/her interests in such a way as to make the interview panel feel that he/she is dynamic and energetic.
Achievements of one applicant will distinguish him/her from the lot.
This part of resume includes scholarships, fellowships, awards and certificates.
It is always advisable to include at least two names in this part of the resume.
Include the name and designation of the persons, under whom you have worked and they have a good impression on you.
Besides name and designation, include the contact address too.
Sarat Ghosh Road
Phone no: 9876543220
Email id: ****@***
To work for an organization with good ambience and to contribute to the mutual development of the organization and myself.
• Knowledge of programming languages like C, C++ and Java.
• Certified by Microsoft as “Microsoft Certified Software Engineer."
• Knowledge of HTTP and web designing.
• Ability to deliver lectures on subjects related to my profession.
• Fluency in communicative English.
• Ability to head a group of professional s and manage them.
• Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry, B.tech in computer science, July 2008.
• South point secondary school, Kolkata class 12 pass out with 90 percent marks.
• Two months as trainee in Tata Consultancy Services in the year 2009.
• One year training at Microsoft Technologies, Hyderabad, 2008.
• Love to play football.
• Regular quizzer.
• Awarded the second runner-up in “All India Software Programming Competition" conducted by Hindustan Computer Limited.
• Only Indian to be certified Software scholarship by Microsoft in the year 2009.
1. Raj Kumar
Software executive, TCS
Info city, Bhubaneswar
phone no. 9087483849
2. Ashok Singh
Operation head, Microsoft
Phone no. 9876987900