Allusion is a noun. Meanings: reference; mention; hint; suggestion; insinuation; quotation
Illusion is a noun. Meanings: delusion; false impression; misapprehension; fantasy; trick
- Antonym of Illusion is reality.
1. The teacher made an allusion to the scientist's achievements when speaking to the students on how to succeed in their future careers.
2. Sonam made an allusion to similar past projects undertaken by her firm when making the Power Point presentation to the new client.
1. The new accounts assistant gave the illusion that he was very knowledgeable about how to maintain the records when in reality this was far from the case.
2. An injury to the bowler's throwing arm had bent his elbow, thereby creating the illusion that he chucked the ball.