• Category: Marketing Jobs

What to choose after 12th Commerce?

I am studying in 12th commerce and would like to work in a multinational company preferably in Procter & Gamble but I do not know which course i should choose? Please help.

• Hi!

For getting in P&G you can opt for two courses in my point of view.
    First of all you have to complete your graduation. If you want to be in commerce side then you should do B.Com first then you can opt for CA and apply to P&G.

Other route is by doing M.B.A. P&G only recruit people from good business schools like IIM's.

Mohit Gupta

• Hi,

I would like to provide some suggestion points from my end.

1.Complete your 12th year commerce.
    2.Take admission for B.Com.
    3.Try for CA exams.
    4.If you did not get chance in CA then try for MBA in finance and marketing dual specialization
    5.After completing the MBA try out for MNC comapany jobs.
    6. still if you are not satisfied with the MBA job then again you get specialized in SAP FICO or ABAP.

by looking my suggestions you may feel that it is very long way but you will be at very good position and also getting very handsome salary.

Thanks

Nabhisab

• Hi

I would like to provide some suggestion
    from my side.
    1.Complete your 12th commerce.
    2.Take admission in B.Com.
    3.Try for CA exams.
    4.If you did not get chance in CA then try for MBA in
    marketing sectors.

Tejendra

• Hi

I would like to provide some suggestion
    from my side.
    1.Complete your 12th commerce.
    2.Take admission in B.Com.
    3.Try for CA exams.
    marketing sectors.

Tejendra

• Hello, dear friend BCA and MBA and also MSCIT

That three course better and also more course available in market but dependant also on your thinking. all is really good ..

Thanks

• Hi,
    After 12th,there are so many options,because,the way to career starts after 12th standard.
    When you have done 12th in commerce,then it is advicable that you should choose the options available in accounts & finance.
    You wish that you want to make your career in Proctor & Gamble.
    To enter into a multi national,there are so many entry ports like
    1] Marketing :
    a]As a sales executive,after graduation,if your communication is good & you are presentable.
    b] As a management trainee,if you have done MBA[preferably in marketing]with good communication[written & verbal]presentable,analytical & have leadership qualities.
    2]Accounts & Finance
    a]At entry level[accounts executive/finance executive/back office executive]B.Com with vocational training in accounts & finance.MBA[Finance]can also be entertained for such positions.
    b]C.A. are also absorbed for finance positions with better salary levels.
    3] Operations
    As operation executive after graduation/MBA
    4]HR
    As HR executive after MBA[HR].
    Commerce has ample opportunities,therefore I advice you to continue your studies further in commerce,& develop your skills in the field.
    With best wishes,
    Arun Tripathi

• Dear

If you are doing 10+2(Commerce), then there are many options in front of you, which will take you in the corporate world like P & G, HUL etc.

Firstly I want to know your percentage in 10th & 10+1(Commerce) as well as your interest in which type of job you are interseted.

If you are strong in accounting, then go for Chartered Accountant(CA)course.

CA can be done after 10+2. B.Com. is not compulsory. You can do B.Com. simultaneously with CA without any problem.

To do CA is you must first appear in their Basic Course. i.e. CPT(Common Proficiency Test).

Admission to CPT is open now for May 2011 exam. Apply immediately to avoid delays etc. Fee is Rs. 6500/- only.

After that Join B.Com. (regular or preferably correspondence)
    Prepare for CA Professional Competency Examination (PCE) & afterwards You have to work/take training under any practicing CA.

After that appear for CA final exam. All details are available their web site: www.icai.org.in

Second option is ICWA.
    if You do not work to work under CA having financial problems etc. then This is best option.

Method of doing ICWA is almost same as CA. Goto their web site
    www.icwai.org.

If you are strong in theory paper then go for CS(company Secretary), which makes you Corporate & Law expert.

It is compulsory for every company to have CS.

Procedure for CS is also same.

If you want to go for some easy way. Then do MBA(finance, marketing etc.).
    Admission to IIM gives person to very good career prospects. Though competition (CAT) is very tough.
    You can do MBA correspondence also from IGNOU etc.

If still any doubt, then tell me pl.

Sawinder Singh

Almost

Sawinder Singh
    God is inside as well as outside us.

• Hello

You are doing your 12th in commerce means you are having interest in accounts and finance. Finance and Accounts are the streams which having a lot of jobs in the market. If you are expert in account and finance then you can get a very good job in a reputed company of your liking such as P & G. To become a professional it is required that you should do some professional course in this field and for this I think MBA will be very good to do.

For taking admission in MBA most of the universities criteria for minimum qualification required is graduation with minimum 50 percent marks in any discipline but it will be good for you to do B.com. or BBA because it will help you in the study of account and finance in your MBA.

First of all think about your B.com. or BBA and after completing your B.com or BBA then Think about MBA.
    If you want to take admission in B.com. then you can take admission any of your state university and complete the course with high marks because if you get through out first devision then you will easily get a well known job. after B.Com can go for post graduation courses in commerce or finance if they desire to groom there career in finance field. Commerce students can also go for courses in banking and insurance which can open avenues in banking and insurance sector for them too.
    Its my suggestion to you to start preparation for your MBA entrance exam along with your graduation final year to get high rank in the entrance exam.-

There are three methods which you can choose for getting admission in MBA-

1. CAT
    2. MAT
    3. Entrance exam conducted by state universities.

for more information about CAT and mat visit on internet.

It will be good for your career that you should do your MBA in finance.

there are many other courses you can go for..
    a) Charted Accountancy
    b) Company Secretary
    c) Chartered Financial Analyst
    d) Actuarial Science
    e) ICWAI

CA, Chartered Accountant it is a dream job for many Commerce Graduates. Check the website http://www.icai.org for further details.

If you are looking for a career in cost accounting
    ICWAI (Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India) is good for you, check the website http:\\www.icwai.org for further details.

ACS (Associated Company Secretary) career as CS is not only prestigious and financially rewarding but also carries with high level job satisfaction.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Thanks and Regards

Dharmendra Kumar Singh
    District Data Manager
    NRHM, Shahjahanpur

• Hi,

After completing your 12, continue your UG in any finance course and then try to complete ICWA. AS far as my concern, CA will be little bit tough and you can opt for CWA (Inter and Final). IF you complete CWA inter (Six papers), its more than enough to get placed in any of the top MNC. Other option is to do MBA in finance which will also have a wide scope in job perspective.

Jagannathan S
    ISC Member