Supplements may give negative results or side effects.
Have proper living habits with respect to areas such as eating, rest & sleep, exercise, leisure, etc.
Do these habits comply with the so-called 'healthy habits'? If not, first make them all so.
If you have a well-balanced diet, your problem could be with sleep and exercise.
They say if you sleep a lot less than normal, you put on weight. But thats an unhealthy way to put on weight.
1. Sleep 7 hours.
2. Exercise: Simple and mild exercises.
3. Meditation: A must for a healthy life.
4. Water: You must dring plenty of water.
5. Medical checkup: Have a general physician examin you to ensure that you have got no problem to absorb nutrients.
6. Heredity: Ask you parents and grandparents about their body weight. May they put on weight after 25...
7. Ask an Ayurvedic Doctor: They can give you certain mediinal ghee that help put on weight. They can also say whether the nutrients are correctly absorbed or not.
8. Eating habits: If you've got no medical problems related to this, your family was not like 'boost of weight after some age' and you have a balanced diet, consider this:
i) If you reduce the quantity of food in the morning, you will automatically increase the quantity of food in the other meals.
But don't reduce it to make you hungry even afer breakfast.
ii) Rice: This is rich in carbohydrates. It helps put on weight.
iii) Iron-rich foods: Essential to ensure maximum absorbtion of nutrients. Without this, the nutrients are just wasted. Take more of red meat (beaf, many big fish, etc), bitter guard.
iv) Sweets: Have more sweets in the evening. They are rich in starch which naturally help gain weight.
v) Chocolates: Have more chocolates. WoW! Sounds great. But yes, they help you gain weight.
vi) Chyavanaprasham: This ayurvedic Lehya is rich in essential nutrients-vitamines, iron, many other minerals, etc. Have a teaspoon of his lehya just before a glass of milk 2 hours before bed.
vii) BONUS Preparation 1:
- Prepare Black Tea in the morning
- Mix 1 Table Spoon Ghee to it
- Drink it in an empty stomach in the morning
viii) BONUS Preparation 2:
- Take 1 Tale Spoon Butter
- Mix Appropriate amount of sugar in it
ix) Drink milk, butter, cheese, curd, yogurt. They are rich in fat.
- Eat it. (Need not be in the morning)