• Category: Orthopedics

Which is the best hospital to go for knee ligament operation?

I want to go for the operation but I am confused as where to get it operated as some say AIIMS is good and other prefer Medanta which is very costly.
    Some people say I must get confidence over the AIIMS doctors, and it will be financially suitable too, while other say go for the Medanta as they also haev good facilities.

I am getting worsened when it comes to my knee, my parents are telling me to trust AIIMS, please guide me.

• Dear Iti,

Can you please tell me in detail why your are going for a knee operation? Since I too have some knee trouble I wanted to know the reason for you going for a surgery. I have heard the rehabilation after a knee surgery is very tough. Do you have swelling below the patella as its a ligament problem and does your knee makes clicking sound too?

As far as I am aware AIIMS is quite famous for knee surgeries. I think it would be a good choice.

Thanks & Regards,
    Akanksha P.V
    Lead Editor(Ask Expert)

• I have all my ligaments completely teared off, so I have no other option, and yes I know that rehabilitation is tough but I have to go for it.

Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

• When did you had your knee problem? I have given a link which gives a guide of top hospitals in India. Kindly go through it. Hope your problem will be cleared soon.

"Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."