• Category: Gynaecology

Bleeding after taking contraceptive pill

Dear sir/maam,my periods started on 12th dec and lasted for around 5 days i.e. till 17th dec. I had unprotected sex on 22nd dec and i then again had unprotected sex on the very next day i.e. on 23rd dec. I then took unwanted 72 in the evening on 23rd only.today i.e. on 28th dec bleeding has occurred. Please let me know the reason behind it and how long this bleeding will last. Also let me know that when will my next period occur. Please reply me as soon as possible.

• When some one take contraceptive pills like unwanted 72, Bleeding should happen with in next 24 hour, but I do not know why it occurred after 5th day.
    And that does not hamper your regular period.
    You may have your next period on same date or 2-3 days late from your regular period.

And your current bleeding should be just for one day if it continue please go to a doctor and do the necessary check up.

Earn in USD with out Investment

• The hormones in the pill sometimes cause bleeding. If it continues you must go to doctor. Your normal period must start in normal time, or 2 4 day later. But if it become late by more than 7 days then you must undergo pregnancy test.

• are there any chances of pregnancy? please let me know.should i wait for my next periods or do the pregnancy test?

• Hi,

If you had have any unsafe sex then you must take any contraceptive pill like I-Pill or Unwanted 72 within 72 hours. It is better to take these pills as early as you can. These pills can dis-balanced your menstrual cycle thus you may have bleeding more then once in a menstrual cycle. So better have safe sex. Your next periods can be occur any time. I think, If you had already bleeding then there is no chances of pregnancy.

Sabrez Alam
    "Knowledge will give you power, but character respect."

• its 17th jan today.5 days after my date of periods and still my periods have not occured.how long should i wait?shoould i undergo pregnancy test?please suggest me

• After taking unwanted 72 how many dates bleeding occurs

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.