• Category: Nutrition

What food can increase the height of the child?

Worried that your child has less than normal height? Get expert nutritional advice on the right foods for your child to maintain the correct height.

My younger kid is little less than normal height. I am worried about that and if I ask with my family doctor, he said don't worry, this may be heredity. He is very active and disease-resistant. However, still I am not satisfied. I have tried many protein food supplements and the very famous health drink for height too but no positive result.

Experts please give me some suggestion.

• With nutritional home made foods, please make him to do exercises. Athletic games like running, long jump, high jump may help the child to grow vertically. Cycling also plays a major role in height.

I have seen this personally with my nephew(as hereditary growth is small in their family) and also the said drink will help in long run as we may not judge it in short run as it is advertised. So you can continue the same also.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

• A child's height depends on genetics and nutritional intake. Human Growth Hormone (HGH) plays a major role in increasing the height of human being. HGH is a secretion from pituitary gland.

You can take Vitamin D, vitamin A, protein, calcium, minerals rich food in order to increase the height.
    Fish, cereals, egg, mushrooms, almonds are vitamin D rich foods.
    Milk, meat, chicken, lentil, soybeans, pulses are protein rich foods.
    Papaya, carrot, beetroot, tomatoes, apricots are Vitamin A rich foods. You can make carrot juice or tomato juice and give your child.
    Milk,cheese, yogurt are calcium rich food.
    Beans, broccoli, spinach, grapes, peanuts are mineral rich food.

You can include all these food items in your child's diet.
    You can also increase your child's a little bit by making him do the exercises and activities like playing basket ball, stretching,hanging bars and swimming. Also allow him to sleep or take rest 10 hrs per night.

• A mix juice of 2 carrots, 1 beetroot and a tomato helps to increase height if taken regular between the age of 12- 20 years.

Hope it helps you.

• Food and plenty sleep is required for achieving perfect height and weight. Body height depends on heredity.Proteins,vitamins, calcium, and minerals, should be included in daily diet.

Protein:
    Meat, eggs, poultry, sea food are good source of protein. Vegetables, fruits, dry fruits are other sources of protein.
    Vitamin:
    Include food as spinach, beetroot, carrots, chicken, cantaloupe, papaya, peach, milk, tomatoes, peas and apricot.
    Mineral:
    mineral rich foods such as green beans, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, pumpkin, carrot, peanuts, bananas, prunes, grapes and peaches.
    Calcium:
    Some dairy products like ( milk, cheese, paneer and yoghurt) and eggs are rich of calcium,It will keep bones strong.

With all this, exercise is must to get good height.