• Category: Other Jobs

How and when to start my career in the Indian Army to become a commando

Need guidance on how to begin a fulfilling career in the Indian Army? Get expert advice and guidance in this thread.

I am very much interested to join our Indian armed forces, but the problem is that I lack the correct direction how and when to join. I'm not sure that I could possibly get an NDA entry. I am currently finishing +2 and confused that should I join the army now or should I continue my education and join after graduation. My biggest dream is to be part of an Indian army commando unit (one such as the para commando). To get to this position what should I possibly do other than trying out NDA.

• In general, Indian Army recruits often for 10+2 or Bachelor Degree qualified candidates to fill vacancies in their different batches. It is up to you to complete the study. However, I personally suggest you to complete the Degree and join in Indian Army.

You can easily try to join in Indian Army as free. Time being, you can study and try to apply and get entry in Indian Army beside.

You can see their jobs ads in this link http://www.indiastudychannel.com/jobs/

Other ad reference for last recruitment:

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/jobs/336933-Indian-Army-Recruitment-Rally-at-Udupi-Karnataka-for-various-job-vacancies.aspx

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/jobs/332359-Indian-Army-Military-Engineer-Services-2658-vacancies-in-Various-Trades.aspx

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/jobs/332946-Indian-army-jobs-2015-NCC-Special-Entry-Scheme-for-SCC-38th-course.aspx

Other than the above offer, there are many different recruitment regularly done by Indian Army, so keep on checking the first link given above to get the latest one and apply accordingly.

• It is good thinking to serve for nation. Everyone should do something for his country. I really proud of you that you want to join our army. There are different types of examinations for joining the army. You should maintain your physical fitness first. If you are physically fit from each and every part of your body, you can join it. You said that you are going to complete 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics so you can try UPSC's NDA examination.
    Eligibility Criteria for NDA examination :
    1. Should have a age between 16 ½ years to 19 ½ years.
    2. Should have a unmarried person.
    3. Should have passed 12th under 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
    The exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. After qualifying the written test, you will be called for physical test and then medical check-up. If you clear all the tests finally you will be called for training and there you can choice your troop as you wish.
    There are some more exams conducted by UPSC by which you can join army or any paramilitary forces like CDS and SSC. You can start your carrier as a soldier also by trying the recruitment rally. You can find more information about all the exams related to army and other paramilitary forces from their official webs. So keep it up and be a man. Good luck ! Thank you.

• Hello Amar,

If you are confused about your career, then i can provide many ways to join Indian Army as Commando.

To become a Commando in the Indian Army, you should have the following requirements.

1. You should have 2-3 years experience in any Para military or military forces.
    2. You should be well disciplined person.
    3. You should have will power to do major tasks.
    4. Firstly you have to clear the Commando test.

So, you can became a commando after joining Indian Army.

First of all join the Indian Army, then go for the Commando.

If you have any problem about join Indian Army through the N.D.A. Then don't worry about this.

You can also join Indian Army by participating in open Army rally.
    If you have 12th with PCM then go for open rally.
    For details about the open Indian Army rallies contact your nearest Zonal offices.
    You can go for soldier clerical / soldier GD and soldier storekeeper.
    Join one of the above.
    Then after two to three years experience in the Indian Army, you are eligible for commando test.

So, go for your dream and do it.

Keep asking on ISC.

Navneet.

^^^^^^^^^