• Category: Study Abroad

Which is better for MBBS - India or Russia for practice in India

Not sure whether you should pursue MBBS in Russia for practice in India? Get expert advice & answers to your queries for studying MBBS in Russia.

I have passed my 12th class last year and I am appearing for Medical entrances this year (for 2nd time) But problem is that I think my preparation is not enough to secure a medical seat. So am considering Medical education from Russia as Plan B because I cant afford donations here.

Here are my questions-
    1)Do Russian degree and Indian Degree hold equal value(I want to practice in India only)
    2)Is Russia a wise decision for Medical education or is the country safe for Indians
    3) If am having 2 options that whether to go to foreign for education or to stay at India and prepare for one more year then which would you recommend for me. and if Russia which college is good at academics (and also in budget)
    4)Which(Indian or russian education) would be a plus point for AIPGMEE
    5)What are the pros and cons of studying in Russia

Here's some info that can help you for answers- I am nuts behind medical field even am having daydreams about being doctor so I can study day-night the syllabus of MBBS (specially am interested in clinical routines) but physics (my Nightmare) is creating obstacles for me. Thanks in advance.

• Obviously, completing MBBS from a good medical college in India is much preferred than going for the same in Russia. Getting a medical degree in India has much importance with world wide recognition and many of the Indian medicos who have done their medical education in India are doing efficiently in foreign lands. After an M.B.B.S degree you go for M.S or M.D either in India only or if you wish, you can go to a foreign country for pursuing higher studies in medical field.

Getting a medical degree in India has much value than the degree of Russia. In case, you don't get through in India, then you can go for a medical degree in China which has a better value than doing one in Russia. Learn more about the admission process, visa procedure, cost of living, fees, etc. in our detailed guide on study abroad in China.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

• I think the scope of medical education in India is minimum and that is why the thought of Russia has been spread in the mindset of youngsters. But we should get to know from the people who have studied earlier in Russia and doing practice in India because I have seen two students personally known to me who have been cheated by the agents who claimed to be agents to send students to Russia for medical education. So one must be very careful while choosing a study abroad consultant or agent.

I hope medical education in India would be better as students spend the first six months the language in Russia and then start the actual medical education.

You can checkout study abroad programs and admission guidance services offered by IndiaStudyChannel.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

• Hi, It depends on some of your personal interests and opportunities at home. I have discussed it in my forum, please check out.

'Complacency kills the progress,strive for the best..'
    'Share to grow, Grow to share'

editor
    Ask expert section
    ISC

• Russia as a country is not entirely safe for Indians. There are many parts in Russia, where Indians are bound to face lot of racism treatment. Secondly, its a foreign nation and you will be on your own as far as accommodation, travel, etc. is concerned. I am not sure if pursuing MBBS equivalent course in Russia is cheaper than MBBS course in India. I believe for completing your MBBS course in India or Russia, you would have to opt for a student loan. It is better to focus on scoring high marks and getting a scholarship (partial fees waive off) instead of thinking of Plan B options.

I believe you would get admission in some good medical college in India if you try really hard in these final days before the medical entrance exam. It is not good to think of alternate options even before giving your best efforts to current exams and getting the results. You should think positively and work hard accordingly. You have mentioned that you dearly want to do MBBS course and become a doctor. But, at the same time, I read that this is your second attempt at the medical entrance exam and even now you claim that you are not well-prepared. If you want anything so dearly, why do you think you are not well-prepared even second time round?

Just try hard and you will succeed. Remove all negative thoughts from your mind and don't think of alternate options at the moment. You have nothing to lose, just give it your best shot. Giving up before the real test is not a good sign for any future doctor. This is a very big challenge in front of you and with positive self-belief you can clear it with flying colours. All the Best!

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Bhaktee

• Bhakti Savla, Thanks a lot ma'am, That answer was truly motivating. Inspired me a lot. Keep motivating, Cheers!

• Clearly, finishing MBBS from best medical universities in Russia is abundantly favored than going for the equivalent in India. Getting a therapeutic degree in Russia has much significance with overall acknowledgment and huge numbers of the Indian medicos who have done their restorative training in India are doing productively in remote terrains. After MBBS degree you go for M.S or M.D either in India just or on the off chance that you wish, you can go to a remote nation for seeking after higher examinations in the therapeutic field.

Study MBBS in Russia for Indian students has much an incentive than the level of India. On the off chance that you don't get past in Russia, at that point you can go for a medical degree in China, which has a superior incentive than completing one in Russia. Study the confirmation procedure, visa technique, typical cost of basic items, expenses, and so on in our itemized guide to concentrate in abroad.