• Category: Engineering Jobs

How to get a job in PSU on the basis of M.Tech. scores?

Want to get a public sector job on the basis of post graduate academic scores in engineering? Know if this is possible and what are you options with GATE score.

I am a 24 years old. I have done engineering in ECE. I got valid score in GATE 2015. My academic scores are not even 60%. So I can't apply for PSU. If I do my higher education with good grades, am I eligible for PSU after two years? If so please suggest me good stream for me for higher studies. My GATE score is 357. Do I have any other options?

• Don't worry if your academic score is less than 60%. and if you planned to get a job in PSU's then I would suggest you to do M.Tech. If you belong to reservation category then you can get admission in state government colleges on 357 GATE score but not in IIT's, NIT's or other top engineering colleges in India. You can also get admission in some well reputed private engineering colleges.
    So just do M.Tech in any stream which you feel that you are perfect.

• Thanks Navchetan. I am in general category.

• In general category, 357 GATE score is not enough to get admission in any state government university or colleges. you need to score 650+ for IIT's or NIT's.but still you can get admission in private colleges but there will not be any chance to get placed into PSU's. Better you prep well for GATE 2016. I would suggest you to prepare for SAIL-MT, BARC, BEL. etc exams. these PSU's are conducting exam for both GATE qualifiers and Non qualifiers.

• In case you want to have better prospects, you must carry on your activities. A better scoring in the GATE should be your main aim and assuming that your scoring in the GATE in 2016 is beyond 97 percentile,you would be able to secure your seat in a reputed Engineering College in the same branch in which you have acquired your engineering degree.Your excellent marks in M.Tech is the litmus- test to success for the varied jobs of Public Undertakings such as SAIL,BHEL,ONGC and many other notable undertakings.
    Come out of the negativity, which is bothering you at this moment and fresh approach is required to crack the upcoming GATE examination with impressive marks so as to grab the seat for M.Tech course in some reputed institute.

• There are many PSU (public sector unit), which are recruiting on the basis of valid GATE score with 55% in the engineering graduation. There are some PSU's which require Electonic and Communication engineer:

1. Indian Oil Corporation Limited
    2. Central Electronic Limited
    3. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
    4. National Thermal Power Corporation
    5. Punjab State Power Corporation Limited
    6. Odisha Power Generation Corporation
    7. Ircon International Limited
    8. Bharat Broadband Network Limited
    9. Airport Authority of India
    10. National Buildings Construction Corporation
    11. Bhabha Atomic Research Center

You can go for higher studies M.E./M.Tech. from prestigious technical institute in India like NIT, IIT, IIIT, REC, etc. for further studies and get deep knowledge about your area of interest and then you can apply in any PSU or these prestigious institute organize campus placement for PSU's, government sector and Defense services.

Life is full of surprises and compromises!

• Mam..
    What did you do in this situation?
    I am also facing the same situation.
    Please guide me.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.