• Category: Medical Jobs

Is PG teaching experience or senior resident experience compulsory for job of assistant professor?

Do you want to know the experience required for getting the job of assistant professor? Read the thread and find out.

I have done my M.D. Physiology in 2014 .
    I am working as medical officer.
    I have not post PG teaching experience and not worked as senior resident in the subject.
    Is it compulsory for the job as assistant professor? Or I can apply for job as fresher without post PG experience in physiology.

• It will primarily depend on the eligibility criteria mentioned by the employers in their advertisements. You will have to carefully read the criteria specifically mentioned in the job advertisement. The Medical council of India has issued 'Minimum Qualifications for Teachers in Medical Institutions Regulations, 1998' which can be referred at the website of MCI. It appears that PG teaching experience or senior resident experience is compulsory for the job of an assistant professor.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.