You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Other Jobs

    Is it possible to resign from Indian Army and join civil services?

    Want to quit the Indian Army and join civil services? Find out from the expert responses below if this is possible to do so.

    I want to know that if anybody is an officer of the Indian Army in permanent commission and if that person is interested in joining civil service (IAS/IPS/IFS) then can that person resign from the Indian Army and join IAS or IPS?
  • Answers

    2 Answers found.
  • If a person joins Short Service Commission of Indian Armed Forces, he/she would be eligible to join Civil Services after completion of mandatory 5 years' commission. He/She would get the additional benefit of ex-Serviceman's quota in addition to other reservation quota (if eligible).

    However, an Officer with permanent commission generally can't join Civil Services unless he gets relieved from Armed Forces within 10-12 years after becoming medically unfit during his commission. There would be age bar.

    Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

  • Hi,
    You have not mentioned anything about your age and your experience at Indian Army.
    These things matters a lot in determining your eligibility.
    Usually IPS and IAS jobs need examinations and one need to crack those exams to get those designations.
    But as mentioned by Mr Partha, your working at Indian Army may change the situation for you.


    Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

  • Sign In to post your comments