• Category: Finance and Banking Jobs

Confused whether to give IBPS exam or continue my current job

Are you interested in a banking job? Wondering whether bank job is better than a BPO one? On this page, experts will provide you with suggestions.

I have I worked for about 10 months in BPO sector. Now I have resigned from my job because I want to clear upcoming IBPS exam. Am I on the right path or will a bank job add pressure to my life? Eagerly awaiting for suggestions from experts.

• Since the author has already resigned from his BPO job, he should focus totally on preparation and clearing IBPS examination without thinking anything about what will happen later. The imaginary challenges of bank job in future should not be used as an excuse for not giving his 100% in the studies. In all kinds of jobs, there will be challenges to cope with. Banking sector is a very good and emerging sector from the employment point of view. It pays well to the sincere and hard working employees. Go ahead, work hard, clear the examination and enjoy life later.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• Bank job will not add any pressure on your life.It gives you better opportunity than BPO job where there is no chance of growth,also bank job make you more responsible toward service to the people.You can also see now a days lots of new banking branch open both in urban as well as rural area and every year thousand of vacancy publish for both PO and clerk post.
    So better work hard to qualify IBPS exam and perform better in interview.

• Since you have already resigned, so you should not think about whether it was right to do so or not . Now, you should focus on clearing IBPS which is also not very tough to clear if you are working hard and giving your best. And a banker's job is good, since many banks give good benefits to its employees (Example - Cheaper loans, good house rent allowance etc) . Even if you feel that it's tough while doing job, you will get accustomed to it.

• As you have already mentioned that you left your BPO job as you want to make career in the banking industry which shows that you want a better job. A job in banking industry is highly paying with immense career growth. If you have already made a mind then you should go for the upcoming IBPS exams. You can enroll a good coaching center or you have an opportunity of selecting some online course for banking course.
    As far as job in BPO sector is concerned, you are already experienced in that and you can get that job at any time.

• Bank job is always good than a BPO job. But make sure you made serious efforts for this otherwise you will be in loss only and one more thing, it is not necessary that you clear IBPS in one shot it may take 2-3 attempts or getting selection in a bank may be delayed but you should be prepared for this and take your decision after thinking all pros and cons. Banking field is very much good but the competition is also very high, so make a wise decision after analyzing every aspect of it. If you think you can do it then go for it and make your best efforts.

• My best suggestion to you is to shift into Banking sector from BPO Sector. To get job in banking sector, you are required to appear in entrance examination (Common Written Examination CWE) which is conducted by an autonomous body Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS).

Yes, as far as my knowledge is concerned, you are right track now. Getting job in Banking sector in the present competitive world because quite tough. So for this, you must have a keen, regular and strong preparation for IBPS CWEs. To overcome the present competitive world, I suggest you to join any best coaching institute which offers banking examinations preparation. So that you will be in right track and of course you may secure top marks which are required for final selection in banking sector.

No, Bank jobs won't add pressure to your life. Here is the explanation for my previous words. See Bank timings are 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM for customer, where as 10:00 to 6:00 PM for bankers (employees) in maximum cases. So you will have to work in the said timings only, see once you selected as a banker you may work in the stipulated time irrespective of work that you are given. Unlike private jobs, you may even complete the remaining work on the next working day also except for Day End work in Banks. So everything becomes quite easy as you go on learning the new things in Banks. So I strongly suggest you to join best coaching institute and make yourself in order to overcome the present competition.

• A BPO job can never be a permanent job. It is because of the many reasons listed below:-
    • It involves shifts which after having a marriage is difficult.
    • It does not have any new technologies involved or programming so you cannot apply in any other company.
    • A BPO job seems luring in the initial years but it becomes a problem to carry on in the later time when you cannot even change your department.
    Thus considering the above cons of the above job I would suggest you to take up the IBPS job which is a government job with handsome perks and allowances from the bank. It is a respectable job and if you take promotions you would reach great heights.
    Best of luck for future

• As you have resigned already for your BPO job, concentrate fully on IBPS CLERK and PO exams.And government bank job won't add any extra pressure on you unlike private banking job.
    To crack IBPS exams, more important topics to prepare are : General awareness with special reference to banking industry,computer knowledge,english language,reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.