Scholarships by Government of India for students

I would like to know about different types of scholarship given by Government of India to students for higher studies and the procedure to be followed for applying the same. Experts please guide us.

• This question is being shifted to Ask Experts section.

Jagdish

• The 'central scheme of scholarship for college and university students' can be said to be the most important scholarship awarded by the Government of India on merit basis to the deserving students. Basic guidelines regarding the same are made available at -http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/upload_document/Guidelines_CSS_Scholarship.pdf
    A number of articles/resources about the subject matter are available in ISC repository also which can be located by using search feature of ISC for reference and guidance.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• Hi,
    There are many scholarships available from Central Government as well as state government of India for higher studies.
    To get more accurate answer, I request you to provide more details like course you are interested in, your location, etc.

Some scholarships have reservations on caste basis which can be beneficial for candidates from same caste.

Our government also provide scholarships to deserving candidates to go abroad for higher studies.
    All the details can be found on goggle.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

• Government offer many scholarships for the education of students. They are spread on different categories based on cast of students, percentage of mark in last exam, based on their income etc. I received two scholarship, one is post matrix scholarship, when I was doing higher secondary and other is merit cum means scholarship, currently getting for my B.Tech studies.

• I would like to know about scholarships for graduation courses and professional courses after 10+ 2 in kerala