You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Colleges

    How to change my combination from PCMC to PCMB?

    Having a problem with PCMC subjects? Want to change the combination to PCMB? Find advice from experts on this page.

    I have studied PCMC in 1st and 2nd PUC. but I failed in one subject. Now I want to change my combination to PCMB and do 2nd PUC again with PCMB combination. Is it possible? What is the procedure to change my combination?
    What formalities have to be done? I want to be a doctor.
    Awaiting response.
  • #137818
    The author has not indicated the name of the board concerned so that specific answer can be provided.
    As far as CBSE is concerned the general rules are that the head of the college may permit change of subject combination subject to the condition that the request is made before 31 October of the academic session concerned. However, after passing the class XI, change of subjects are not allowed. Also, a candidate cannot offer a subject in Class XII which he/she has not studied and passed in Class XI. The Chairman of the board has powers to relax the rules for allowing change of the subject combination.
    The author should, therefore, discuss the subject matter with his school principle for further guidance.
    Regarding, his desire to become a doctor, it may be noted that first of all the class 10+2 level has to be passed for the purpose followed by securing a very high rank in the NEET examination to be able to get admission in the MBBS course.

    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

  • #137824
    You have already been registered in your Board and have appeared in the Pre-Universirty examination. So, it is not possible to register yourself with Physics-Chemistry-Mathematics-Biology combination.
    However, this is a general opinion. You will get specific guidance by contacting your Board/University office.

    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • #137828
    You didn't mentioned the board under which you're studying for the class 11th. If you are in state board then the deadline for mentioning the subjects for the 12th exam would be prior to the August end. In case of ICSE board, you'd find that you have upto September as due date for making any changes to the subjects. And in case of CBSE board, you have due date 31 October. So you have to change your subjects with the choice on the form. This definitely needs to be done as early as possible.

  • Sign In to post your comments