You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Teaching Jobs

    How to become a government chemistry lecturer after B.Tech?

    Interested in teaching Chemistry after B.Tech? Searching for online courses to learn Chemistry? Find answers to your queries on this Ask Expert page.

    How to become a government chemistry lecturer after B.Tech in ECE? Is there any free online course to become a chemistry lecturer while studying B.Tech? The course must be less than one year. Organic chemistry is my favorite specification to teach JEE Mains level?
    Awaiting advice.
  • Answers

    5 Answers found.
  • You can not become lecturer without having certificate of completion for relevant courses. To become Chemistry lecturer you need to have completed Bachelor's degree in Chemistry. E.g. B.Sc. Afterwards you have to complete B.Ed. to make sure you you learned teaching skills. Being engineering background that too in ECE i.e. Electronics and Communication Engineering , there is very little hope to achieve Chemistry lecturer dream. Chemistry subject is there for engineering students in their first year studies. Certainly you can try for that. But to be government college lecturer they follow strict eligibility criteria through advertisement. I am doubtful you will get selected over there. Better to do a job and complete B.Sc. Chemistry from part time studies through Open universities which allows weekend classes. Once you complete B.Sc. try completing B.Ed. and masters. I am sure if you score good then you will get offers of lecturer.

    Life Is Beautiful

  • You check with the university or in advertisement for admission in in Post Graduation course.If can not get admission in MSc chemistry, get admission in MSc (physics). after MSc (physics) you go for NET.After clearing NET you will be eligible for the appointment of assistant Professor in the colleges/ universities.

    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

  • As far as the eligibility criteria for selection to the post of the Assistant Professor in a degree college is concerned the same is as follows as per UGC norms -
    1. Good academic record with at least 55% marks at the Master's Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
    2. The candidate should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
    3. The candidates having a Ph.D. degree may be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
    4. NET/SLET/SET will not be required in the masters programs in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.

    However, the eligibility criteria for a college lecture is generally a postgraduate degree in the subject and B.Ed.

    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

  • Hi,
    I would like to give a simple suggestion

    -> Complete your MSC in chemistry & get a good score

    -> After completing MSC ,Go for UGC NET Exam - The eligibility criteria for UGC NET Exam is

    Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master's degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master's Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates.

    -> After clearing the UGC NET Exam ,you will be eligible for assistant professor in Govt. department.

    Keep yourself updated with UGC NET Notification

    Hope you will satisfied with the answer .

  • With your existing qualification of B.Tech in ECE, you cannot claim for the post of Lecturership in chemistry. The following are the essential condition to be eligible for the post of Lecturership in a government - college-
    1) You must have a post - graduate degree in chemistry with a high second class ie 55 percent of marks.
    2) You have to qualify the NET examination being conducted by UGC.
    3) You may be exempted from the NET examination if you have acquired a Ph.D degree in your subject.
    So, without clearing the NET examination you cannot be eligible for the post of Lecturership in a government college.

  • Sign In to post your comments