You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Indian Law

    Document verification for government job regarding name

    Interested in a government job? Worried about document verification in case of a name mismatch? Find advice from experts on this page.

    I have done my schooling and college from Gwalior(MP) and I belong to Kolhapur(Maharashtra). And I have address document and bonafide of Maharashtra.
    I want to do job in government sector and my name does not tally in my documentation. Will there be any problem in future for interview of government job or documents verification? If any then what is the solution for it? So please tell me what I have to do.(if any).
    Experts: do assist.
  • #138222
    It depends on the nature of the differences. Generally, the name mentioned in the high school certificate is considered as the base name and the names mentioned in the other documents are compared with the same.

    In case there is only a variation in spelling, e.g. instead of 'sh', only 's' is written, they there may not be any problem at all, but in case a totally new name, including the first name or given name is written in the other certificates then the problem is likely to arise. The name of the father mentioned in the certificates also helps in such cases. In case the father's name is same in the other certificates, then it helps in correlating the candidate concerned.

    In my opinion , the author should focus on doing hard work in cracking the competitive examination instead of worrying about such matters which can be solved later by submitting a sworn affidavit etc. once the examination is passed.

    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

  • #138231
    Proper documentation is a must in government sector jobs. In this case, when a candidates' domicile and education differs, the recruiters seriously asks about all verifications.

    For example, in Odisha if you're attending any government interview, you need to pass the middle primary (i.e. 7th class) education with Odia as a subject. Otherwise, you're not eligible for state government jobs. After 8th class, you may have passed the matriculation / intermediate / degree / diploma from any other state or board, it doesn't matters.

    Recently I've seen there is an exemption of non-Odia passed candidates by writing a Odia test to qualify or secure their jobs in Odisha.

    If your documents are not matching properly, you need to make them as per your states' documents. Suppose you're appearing in Maharashtra jobs; then make all the documents correction or affidavit as per it. However, educational documents like board certificates, mark sheets are unchangeable and you need to produce your father's transfer documents, apply for name correction if required, or if anything couldn't happen then go for affidavit and self notification in newspapers.

    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

  • #138240
    Every government department does the documentation check. And you have to make sure that you have attested documents for the specific requirement. You need to make sure that your name corrections and the domicile certificates are ready before you apply at first place. So try to get all the documentations correct before you go ahead. If there are any issues with the domicile then you may come across some of the issues. And for that you need to understand that all of such documentation needs to be properly checked. Otherwise, if during the documentation check you have some issues, then that could go against you.

  • #138242
    Generally the name written the Xth Standard certificate is taken as authentic. I would advise you to prepare a suitably-worded affidavit before a 1st class Magistrate of your city stating that "My name is 'X' in my X-th std. certificate and my name is recorded as 'Y' in my Graduation certificate. Both X and Y are the same person'. At the same time you have to give classified advertisement in one English and one vernacular newspaper in the same line. You are also required to preserve the affidavit and original advertisement throughout your life.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • Sign In to post your comments