In case of diabetic patients, the green and leafy vegetables are very much benificial because of presence of abundant antioxidants and essential vitamins like Vitamins A, B, C and K. A few vegetables benificial for the diabetic people are indicated below-
1) Spinach, Lettuce,Beans, Broccoli and Brussels contain low calorie and rich in Calcium,Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin A, B, C and K apart from high diatery - fibre. Such constituents make these vegetables make excellent substitute for the diabetic people.
2) Tomatoes- Raw Tomatoes must be included in the diet since Tomatoes contain Lycopene, which can contain the severity of the disease. In addition to Lycopene, Tomatoes are rich in Calcium, Phosphorous, Folates, Potassium and other essential Vitamins such as A, C and K enabling it to make the same as the excellent choice to used as raw salads.
3) Carrots - Carrots contain Beta - carotene and other invaluable minerals such as Magnesium, Vitamines A, B, C and K and such combination of antioxidants is very useful in maintaining the sugar - level.
4) Allum families such as Onion and Garlic do play very effective roles in curbing excess sugar. Hence these may be included in the raw - form to get the full benifits of these families.
5) Sweet - potatoes in small quantities must be included to reap the benifits of the minerals associated with this vegetables.
6) Bitter - melon- This vegetables enhances the insulin level and as such this is an excellent substitute. Moreover, this contains abundant amount of Vitamin C and A with other minerals like Calcium, Potassium etc.
The diabetic people must take care to avoid Potatoes since this contains GI beyond 70 and its usage may surge glucose level.