Answers9 Answers found.
'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
Even this challenging situation would ease
The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.
Live life Kingsize!
Reading will increase your vocabulary. That will certainly help you while speaking.
(a) Read English newspaper by making sounds. Try to learn difficult words and also their usage in sentences.
(b) Allocate at least 30 minutes everyday and give a speech about a chosen topic in English in front of a mirror.
(c) Try to form a group of friends and practice speaking English among the friends in the group.
(d) Join an institute for practice of speaking in English.
(e) Speak in English in 'appropriate' surroundings. Note the stress on 'appropriate', not on 'all'.
(f) Most importantly, don't discontinue the habit of speaking English at a later stage. Remember practicing is the only way to speak fluently. It is applicable for all languages.
Beware! I question everything and everybody.
And even if they don't find anyone who speak, they can practice in front of a mirror or with any non living thing. And other than these things sites like ISC are one of the best platforms to improve these skills though the peoples don't have interaction here by speaking, but responding to the views of others thoughts also improves a person 's command over the language.
If someone have time enough watching Hollywood movies, reading novels, etc., is not a bad idea these things not only enhances vocabulary, but also boost up a person's confidence in speaking the language.
"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"
1) Allocate 30 minutes time for English paper reading such as Times of India, The Hindus, The Hindustan - times etc. Sincerely go through the contents including the editorials. In case, you do come across difficult words and mark them in a separate note- book, know its correct usage with the help of dictionary. Such operation is to be carried out on a regular basis.
2) Create confidence within yourself and set aside negativity if any and in that way you can expedite your learning - process.
3) You may start speaking English loudly before the mirror when you are alone, this process will help you in boosting up your confidence in conversation.
4) You may take the help of TV also by having a glance over the news channels such as CNN, BBC etc, you can enhance your art of conversation.
5) Join in the company where English - conversation is going on and if possible take part in the discussion with their permission. Ask them to alert you if some mistake is committed during the process of discussion.
1. Start with any English speaking course and seriously pursue the course either online or offline. It will give you continuity.
2. Start reading basic grammar specially start learning sentence framing correctly.
3. Read newspaper loudly.
4. After being slightly confident, start selecting a topic and speak something loudly in front of mirror.
5. Do not think much about grammar while speaking.
6. Practice speaking as much as possible.
7. Learn five new word daily and whole day use that word at different level as per your convenience.
8. Keep your morale up and avoid negativity.
English Level can be started from Beginner level, Intermediate level, Advanced level of learning types in English.
People speaking other mother tongues, probably use English as a second Language for learning, communicating, conversing, etc.... For them its a bit difficult to understand and speak, because in the middle they tend to mix the Mother tongue along with the speaking.
Listening, Reading, writing and speaking are the important aspects to learn a Language from the start level to a expert . As Beginner student tend to talk from the kinder garden level to school level, then to the college level and to the university level and do tend to use in the daily normal life.
Learning is a continuous process like speaking Mother tongues.
Beginner level :
Start from the scratch, look for your old English school books and start learning from the scratch. Write as much as you can in English and learn each and every word with spellings. Since these books already read by you it won't take much time for you to understand the language.
Read, Write and speak with confidence and there won't be much mistake.
Intermediate Level :
Move your reading of books from the school level to college level. start reading story books, comics in English, look for English movie channels.
Read as much as you can and also write and understand them. In which situations these words are been used and what do they mean exactly.
Advanced Level :
Find a library start looking for the conversation practice for English books. Learn the book and understand the language. Say to your self while you are learning the words, look for the meaning and understand the word what it means. Then build simple sentences with those words.
Make full sentences with those words. Build conversation with words initially and then move on to continuous conversations.
since this habit will make you think and automatically you will start speaking English and changing dynamically speaking according to the situations you can build your conversation at public places.
The best way to look for books are the British Council library if you are close to the city. Since internet with computer is a good place to learn from Hindi to English, what ever you type on the Google it will translate in to the English word with meanings.
Keep practicing, check you language skill level taking up the interviews or for what purpose you wanted your English knowledge to get developed.
Probably you can download free books from the google with the topics you wanted.
Watch channel like cartoon, movies now, HBO where the words are spoken very less for a minute. Then move on the news channel like BBC, CNBC, Indian channels also are good enough to learn some of the basic English.