The author may visit the website of the Indian Maritime University (http://www.imu.edu.in/) which is a central university to get a feel of the various courses available, syllabus and eligibility criteria etc. The university offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and research level programs at following seven premier institutions as per details given in the Academic Brochure made available on its website -
1. National Maritime Academy, Chennai
2. T S Chanakya, Mumbai
3. Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Mumbai
4. Marine Engineering Research Institute, Mumbai
5. Marine Engineering Research Institute, Kolkata
6. Indian Institute of Port Management, Kolkata
7. National Ship Design & Research Centre, Visakhapatnam
For undergraduate courses, the maximum age limit is 25 years for admission with a relaxation of maximum 5 years for SC and ST candidates. Admissions are made through an All India Online Common Entrance Tests (CETs).
However, in my opinion, it may not be advisable to go for an undergraduate course in marine engineering after completing a B.Tech. program in Electronics and Communication. There is no short cut to success and in case the author is finding it challenging to get a job after completing his B.Tech., then there is no guarantee that a job will be easily available after completing another degree. Moreover, admission in the university mentioned above is quite challenging also subject to fulfillment of the other eligibility criteria.
Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.