You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Indian Law

    Query about resolving spelling mistake in surname in 10 marksheet

    Worried about spelling mistake in 10 marksheet? Wondering how to resolve the issue? Check out responses from experts on this page.

    There is spelling mistake in my 10 marksheet. I ma worried about applying for state government jobs because my surname is misspelt in my marksheet. But in 12 marksheet it is correctly written. Can you tell me what to do?
    Experts: do assist.
  • #138702
    Contact the principal of your 10th school. Take a letter from the school signed by principal stating that as per record held by this school the correct name is xyz. take this letter to board office, fill one form and deposit some fee as prescribed say 500 rupees.Submit the application with old certificate in board office and take receipt after 2-3 months you will be issued with new certificate. If it is CBSE board, the office is in preet vihar near Anand vihar bus terminal in delhi.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

  • #138717
    Yea you can make corrections . As in your 12th marksheet is there for reference. Make a affidavit give that to principle of school with one application. Get sign of principle on application and submit it to department.department will issue new marksheet.

  • #138718
    If there is any form of spelling mistake then you have to get it corrected. You have to make sure that you are sending the application with your principal along with the affidavit regarding the spelling mistake. This way the board usually clears the name mistake and also makes declaration for any party concerned with that name mistake. You need to make sure that you have appropriate documents to show the mistake in between the two documents. You have to get it corrected before the graduation as after the graduation things become harder for you to get corrected.

  • #138719
    You have to get an affidavit done before a First-class Magistrate of your city which would state that: "The name of XYZ (correct name) has been wrongly written as xyz (incorrect name) in the Xth Board certificate. XYZ and xyz are same person." Advertisements on similar lines are required to be published in one English newspaper and one vernacular newspaper. You are required to preserve the affidavit and original advertisements permanently.

    At the same time, you may apply to your Xth Board authorities for correction of your name in Class Xth documents and records.

    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • Sign In to post your comments