Internal - 20
External - 80
Study of this subject provides an understanding of the scope of an industrial economics and entrepreneurship development, key areas of business development, sources of finance, project preparation, methods of taxation and tax benefits, significance of entrepreneurship and economic growth, application of engineering skills in entrepreneurial activities etc.
1. Industrial economics, Types of Business structures, top and bottom line of the organization, economic analysis of business, economics of operations, economic prudence in business.
2. Market structures- Monopoly, Oligopoly, and Monopolistic competition. Pricing strategies, business integration- forward backward integration, economies of scale, diseconomies of scale, liberalization, privatization and globalization. Business cycles, optimum size of firm.
3. The functions of central bank and commercial banks, Foreign Direct Investment, Free trade vs. Protectionism, Capital formation, Inflation, Recession and stagnation, Inclusive growth, Public-Private partnership for development, Multiplier effect, Accelerator effect.
4. Entrepreneurship meaning, Major Motives Influencing an Entrepreneur, Factors Affecting Entrepreneurial Growth. Project Formulation, Product development, Market Survey and Research, Demand forecasting techniques,Techno Economic Feasibility Assessment – Preparation of Preliminary Project Reports – Project Appraisal – Sources of Information – Classification of Needs and Agencies.
5. Need – Sources of Finance, Term Loans, Capital Structure, venture capital. Angel funding, Financial Institution, management of working Capital, Costing, Break Even Analysis, Network Analysis Techniques of PERT/CPM –Taxation – Direct, Indirect Taxes.
6. Sickness in small Business, Major problems faced by SSIs, Foreign Direct Investments and threat to SSI, Technical consultancy organizations, safeguard measures against variation in currency value, Government Policy for Small Scale Enterprises, tax holidays, and incentives to SSIs.
Industrial Economics. By, Ranjana Seth, Ane Book Pvt Ltd.
Modern Economic Theory By, K.K. Dewett. S.Chand.
Industrial Economics. By, Jagdish Sheth, Pearson Publication.
"Entrepreneurial Development" By, S.S.Khanka S.Chand & Co. Ltd. Ram Nagar New Delhi, 1999.
Hisrich R D and Peters M P, "Entrepreneurship" 5th Edition Tata McGraw-Hill, 2002.
Management of Entrepreneurship. By, N.V.R. Naidu, I.K. International Pvt Ltd.
Entrepreneurial Development. By, S.Anil Kumar. New Age International.
Small- Scale Industries and Entrepreneurship, By, Dr. Vasant Desai, Himalaya Publication.
Business Economics. By, K.Rajgopalchar. Atalantic Publishers.
Microeconomics. By, Robert Pindyk
Business Economics. By, H.L. Ahuja,H. L. Ahuja,Louis Prof. De Broglie. S.Chand.
Rabindra N. Kanungo "Entrepreneurship and innovation", Sage Publications, New Delhi, 1998.
Financing Small Scale Industries in India, By, K.C.Reddy.Himalaya Publication.
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.