I am also in near 40s. We have to follow a few tips to maintain a good health. The basic fact is our body needs enough movement and rest. There should be good exercise to the body. For a home maker, home cleaning, cooking, washing are all will provide good exercise. Hence, for a good home maker, chances of getting BP, Sugar are less. Few tips to be followed:
1. Start your day early in the morning with a good note.
2. Meditate or spend sometime for yourself by reading a book or gardening.
3. Drink a glass of luke warm water with lemon.
4. Start your daily routine works where instead of using machines (washing machine etc.,) use your body.
5. Take enough raw vegetables, greens and fruits. Also add nuts and milk to get good strength to bones.
6. Spend a good amount of time with children and loved ones for mental health.
7. Do some charity once in a while for immense satisfaction and for a happy mind.
8. Concentrate on your hobbies.
9. If you are devotional, perform pooja at home daily for cleansing your mind.
10. Never take medicines. Rather go for kitchen stuff such as Cumin seeds, Corriander seeds, Ginger, Turmeric etc., for cough, cold etc.,
11. End your day with a small prayer or showing gratitude to god for this life.
Our inner mind is the base for our physical health. So keep concentrate on your mind. It makes miracles. Your entire life changes. You will be healthy forever because only you decide what you want to become.