You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Central Government

    Producing other than SSLC certificate of birth proof for senior citizen for getting new passport.

    Have a query regarding what documents are accepted as proof of DOB for issue of passport? Find advice from experts on this page.

    My name is correctly spelt in all documents except in SSLC certificate. Since I am a retired state govt employee, shall I produce my pension paper issued by Accountant General as proof for DOB? Or is it necessary to go for affidavit and paper notification?
    Experts: do provide guidance,
  • Answers

    2 Answers found.
  • As your name is correct in all essential documents like date of birth, Aadhaar card and voter ID card, except in SSLC certificate you may request state government secondary educational authority to change your name as per other documents. This may be the best option because you are a retired State Government employee and there is a possibility for you to take advantage of it.

    A senior citizen who is a retired employee of the state like you needs to submit the following documents as a proof for applying Indian passport.

    1. Proof of address: The following documents are accepted as a proof of address
    a.Aadhar card
    b.electricity bill
    c.proof of assessment of income tax
    d.Bank account statement.

    2. Proof of date of birth: The following documents and accepted as a proof of date of birth
    a. Birth certificate issued by any Municipal authority or register of births and deaths.

    Kindly contact any Passport Seva Kendra near your locality an enquire regarding your requirement of additional documents so that you may not submit the original SSLC certificate.

    Venkat Satish Mamidisetti,
    Power Plant Operations Engineer.

    Delete Attachment

  • AADHAR Card and Election Identity Card are acceptable as valid douments for passport. But these documents do not contain the date of birth. Pension Payment Order (PPO) of retired Government employee is another valid document acceptable everywhere. So, under normal circumstances, it should be accepted as valid document to establish date of birth. However, the authorities may seek your School-leaving certificate for inspection. In that case, you have to reply them satisfactorily.

    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • Sign In to post your comments