You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation

    Addition of child's name on BMC Birth Certificate

    Wondering how to add child's name in Birth Certificate? Find advice from experts on this page.

    I am a catholic.
    How do I add my name on my birth certificate.
    I have a discharge card, ration card, aadhar card, PAN card, Baptism certificate, School leaving certificate, parents marriage attested by home dept.
    My birth from BMC has parent's name but not my name.
    Experts: do guide.
  • Answers

    1 Answers found.

    This very common problem issued by municipal corporation. Generally Municipal corporation wants you to apply for for birth certificate within 21 days from the date of birth. You can apply after this period also but process becomes lengthy and expensive. Within the first month of the birth we don't decide the correct name of a child and latter stage this name changed. To change the name in the certificate issued by BMC or in any certificate, you have to follow certain procedures as explained--
    1. You have to make an affidavit to change the name in birth certificate. To make the affidavit, visit a notary near to your residential area and ask him to prepare an affidavit in this regard.
    2. For name change give advertisement in local news papers ( at least two news papers ). Keep the 10 copy of those news papers and save soft copy of news papers also.
    3. Now visit the Gazette Notification office of your state with copy of news paper, affidavit, ID proof, deed change form, and a letter to secretary, gazette notification. Receive acknowledgement copy of application given to secretary Gazette Notification. When the name change is published in Official gazette of your state. Now apply for name change to the registrar birth/death certificate with all the document ready.

  • TThis response is marked as DELETED by the admin.

    A birth certificate is one of the most important and mandatory document nowadays, as It act as an proof for an individual's age, citizenship and identity, and is typically required to obtain a driver's license, passport and many other legal reasons. As such, making certain a certificate is correct is critical.

    For state to state, this process varies and I believe the following information can help you decide the best way to get started --

    Changing a Name for a Child Under One Year Old – This is a very common reason to make a change on a birth certificate. Each state has different requirements, but parents may be allowed time (up to 12 months in some states) to make changes to a child's birth certificate without requiring a court order. In most cases, you can bring the original birth certificate to the vital record office in the city or county where your child was born (generally a department of health or county clerk's office) and fill out a few forms to make this change. This is often done if the parents have second thoughts on naming the child or they find there is an issue with the parentage.

    Changing a Name for Older Child or Adult – As this would typically coincide with a legal change of name, this issue may require a court order. This is different than changing a name due to marriage, which does not affect the individual's birth certificate. If a person decides to change his or her name for another reason, it will require providing a few important documents and giving the reason behind the change.

    Error Correction – Sometimes mistakes happen. If the child's birthplace, sex, or other information is not correct on the birth certificate, it will be necessary to get changes made to reflect the correct information. This will often require some form of proof in order to validate the change. Each case will be a bit different and the department of vital records responsible for keeping and issuing the birth certificate can help work through this situation.

    Spelling – Quite often, spelling issues can be corrected without a court order. The parent (or person requesting, if over 18) will simply have to provide information about the error and possibly offer supporting documents as validation of the correct spelling.

    Changing Parentage or Surname – Like changing a name, this is considered a legal change and will usually require a court order. The parent, or the requestor, will need to provide proof that the original information is not correct. In many cases it may be easiest to work with a lawyer who is skilled in these matters.

    Some times peace is better than being Right!!!

  • Sign In to post your comments