Transportation of Pet Animal by Airline
Live pet animals can be transported by Airlines in aircraft. All the airlines have specified policies in this regard. Policies specified by different airlines slightly vary. Following few points can be remembered while carrying the live pet animals.
1. Live pet animal can be transported as part of checked in baggage or unaccompanied i.e. by cargo plane.
2. Live pets booked along with checked baggage will be transported in cargo hold of the aircraft and in a proper container. Booking for the live pets can be done through booking and reservation counter of the airlines company.
3. For dispatching the live pet in cargo plane, you have to contact cargo office. In both the cases live pet will be transported in cargo hold only.
4. Pet animals like dog, cat, birds and rabbits are transported in aircraft within India.
5. In ATR operated aircraft pet animals are not transported.
6. In international flights only pet dogs and cats are allowed to be transported.
7. Kittens under eight weeks and pregnant animals are not allowed to be transported in aircraft.Weight limit of the live pet to be transported in aircraft
If the weight of the Live pet animal is within 32 kg. along with container, will be accepted in checked in baggage and allowed in hold of the aircraft otherwise it will be allowed in cargo aircraft. There are various condition imposed by the airlines regarding container, food of the pet animal, booking procedure etc. To know the procedure of carriage of pet animals in detail, click here Rules for transportation of live pet animals