You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Education

    Query about getting Migration Certificate

    Wondering how to get a migration certificate? Find advice from experts here.

    Can I get migration after 1st semester in BBA from Punjabi University, Patiala to DAV college, Chandigarh. How can I get migration certificate? Because I don't know the correct process of getting this migration certificate.
  • #140665
    Yes, you can get a migration - certificate on the condition that you want to discontinue the existing course for the circumstances beyond your control. You need to apply the controller of Examination stating the entire details such as year of passing of the examination, percentage of marks secured in the said examination and the reason for discontinuance.
    However, it would be better on your part to complete the entire course of BBA- consisting of three year duration with the same university and then with the issuance of the migration - certificate, you could start yor MBA from Chandigarh.
    By passing BBA part 1, from Punjabi University Patiala, you may not be granted to continue the second year of BBA from Chandigarh.
    Before you take any decision in this regard, you would consider the practical difficulties which may crop up at later stage.

  • #140673
    Migration certificate is required if a student registered in a particular University wants to pursue study from a different University. If DAV College, Chandigarh is affiliated to any other University (different from Punjabi University, Patiala), you have to apply for Migration certificate from Punjabi University, Patiala. If DAV College, Chandigarh is also affiliated to Punjabi University, Patiala, then Migration certificate will not be required.

    However, please remember that it would be very difficult to take admission in BBA IInd semestar in any other University after taking Migration certificate. So, take suitable decision after thinking the pros and cons.

    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • Sign In to post your comments