You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Education

    Wrong category in CBSE 10th marksheet

    Having a printing mistake in 10th marksheet? Check out this page for resolution to your queries.

    I belong to OBC category but in my 10th marksheet category is general. I have my caste certificate.
    What should I do? Will 10th marksheet create any problem for me? Or is there any other way of changing category from magistrate or anyone rather than going Ajmer?
  • #140810
    You must write an application to concerned authority to change the category in your marksheet. When you submit this marksheet in everywhere they will consider you for general caste only. With your application you must attach xerox copy of your caste certificate in favor of of your claim.
    So, please contact with the concerned authorities for how to apply and the correct procedure of the application. you may attach an declaration certificate from magistrate with your application in original

  • #140822
    The anamoly needs to be pointed out so that your privilege remains protected at all the costs. You need to write an application to the concerned Board where in there would be an enclosure of the photocopy of the cast - certificate. You have to ensure that the letter being sent is not misplaced so that your claim may not reach to the appropriate authorities. The best way would be to send the contents under certificate of posting so that you can raise your claim that photocopy of the cast - certificate has been sent as a proof of your eligibility of cast.
    In due course, you will get the corrected mark- sheet where in there will be reflection of OBC status.

  • #140823
    If you have any kind of mistake in CBSE 10th Marksheet or Passing Certificate, then you must get it rectified within 1 year of declaration of the result. For making your marksheet corrected, you will have to visit CBSE Regional Office. After that, CBSE cannot correct to issue you the new marksheet and passing certificate. Then, you will have to use affidavit along with your uncorrected marksheet.
    With regards,
    "Time & Tides waits for none"

  • #141450
    You did not mention about what you do currently. If you have passed 10th standard way back, then you will have to file an affidavit in the court mentioning your desired changes in the caste. If you file an application in the court, then you would require few supporting documents with you. I would suggest that you first approach the principal of your school. He or she will give you a certificate that you are a bonafide student of that school and you are stating a valid issue to the course. Hence, you deserve to get the mistakes corrected.
    Along with that, you need to produce the OBC certificate that you have with you and a photo identity proof of yours containing your address proof. If you have a separate identification cards for photo and address, then produce the photocopies of both at the court. You will get your mistakes rectified in around a month or so.
    Lastly, my suggestion is that in today's life caste is not a big issue. None of your career choices will be affected by your caste. So whether you are a general caste or reserved category doesn't matter, especially in the private sector. So why bother for such a minor issue? In case, you want the government privileges associated with the reserved category, you can go ahead with the above solution I mentioned. If not, you need not worry about this minor issue.

    Live life Kingsize!

  • #141653
    You have to apply in the regional office for the same. For changing your category you need your caste certificate and also an attested photo copy of your school's scholar book. It is not a big and lengthy process. Only you have submit the necessary documents and board will issue you a new marksheet.
    Honesty is the best policy.

  • Sign In to post your comments