You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: State Government

    How to solve spelling mistake in marks card

    Have a spelling mistake on marksheets? Worried about giving government exams? Find advice from experts on this page.

    In my SSLC Karnataka certificate my father's name is wrongly spelt.
    Me and my brother studied in the same school but in his certificate it's correct. When I approached the school principal he said that his records show the correct name. This is killing me every time because I am confident of clearing govt exams but I am depressed that during verification I will be caught. Then if criminal case happens I fear to attempt gov exams.
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • You need not be panic on this account. There are two ways of getting the same corrected. Firstly if your father's name has not been forwarded to the office of the Board, request the Principal to correct the anamoly by seeing the record of your younger brother where in the the correct name of your father has been incorporated. If he agrees to your proposal, you will face less harassment.
    In the event that it is not agreeable to him, you will have to turn up to the office of Notary - magistrate and a certificate has to be obtained that you are the legitimate son of your father and the correct spelling of your father is to be shown in the same notification.

  • From the submissions made by the author it is very clear that the mistake was from the Board side and the school records shows the name right. So what you do is take the copy of your school record, copy of the certificate issued with wrong name of your father and apply for corrections through an affidavit with the respective board of education in Karnataka and they have to oblige your request. Meanwhile also give a small advertisement in the local newspaper as to wrong mentioning of your father's name in the certificate and that is being corrected by the board. That will stand testified for future reference.

    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

  • * Just explain your problem to your school Headmaster that you have this problem in your mark sheet.

    * You will be given an application form for correction of name in your certificate.
    * You have to forward various documents related to your admission in the school
    with this application like admission form which was filled during admission into the school, school leaving certificate and other relevant documents related to your admission which mentions your correct name.
    *This application will be forwarded to the board by your school headmaster and if your documents are valid then there will be no problem in correction of your name in the marks sheet.

  • Sign In to post your comments