To make this image you can use following steps:
1. Install student version of adobe Photoshop free from their website.
2. Install desired font. (there are many free websites that provide fonts for free for personal use)
3. Create new file in Photoshop. ( the ratio of height-width should be equal)
4. Import 2 images of 2 flags, one blur and one clean.
5. Resize the images as per your need.
6. Write initial of your name with desired font using text tool.
7. Keep font layer between both flags layer.
8. Now use eraser on top layer. (outside portion of letter you wrote)
9. If you want to give shadow effect to your text, copy text layer. Now you have 2 layers with same font. On below layer put blur effect from effects and move it horizontally a bit to right.
You might still need to take video references to learn basics; also Photoshop has an android version. So if you can, do it with android. It's up to you. But doing it in computer is a longer process but will help you in learning lot of creative things and for future you will never need to depend on any application.
For an easy view the layers will look like this:
Layer 4: flag 2 (the one that need to be erased from outside of letter.
Layer 3: text- clean and solid.
Layer 2: text (copied, blur).
Layer 1: flag 1 (blur).
Back ground: no image, empty thumbnail.