Electric consumption bills are prepared in the following way.(Take the last two bills and check while reading).
Let us assume that last bill metre reading was 1100 units, and this month meter reading is 1250 units
1. Present bill period h consumption is = last month reading value -(minus)this month meter reading value
(in the example it is125-1100=150 units)
2. Look at the back side of the bill if the slab rates are given . If not please refer the electric company web site for tariffs. (Let us assume that for 0 to 100 units the tariff is Rs 5 per unit, From 101 units to 150 units it is Rs 7 per unit)
3. From (2) the unit charge for your bill will be 100 X5 + 50X 7 ie. 500 + 350 =850 rupees.
4. However electric bills do not just include the consumed unit charges alone. They have other things as duty, surcharge, taxes ,adjustments, meter rent , fixed charges etc. They all vary from company to company or board to board.
5. The total amount to be paid will be the sum total of the figure arrived at 3 and the relevant amounts mentioned in 4.