You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India Educational Consultants

    How to do 12th studies through correspondence

    Discontinued your studies due to some reason in the past? Want to pursue class 12 academics via correspondence mode? Check out this page to learn more.

    I discontinued my 12th std (Tamil medium) due to headache at 2012. Now I am working in a private concern. I want to do 12th via correspondence. I cant stop my work. So want to do my 12th std through correspondence. Can I do this? Kindly guide me. In 12th std my group subjects were Maths and computer science. Can I do Arts now and if arts which group suitable for me?

    My SSLC Marks-Tamil-94, English-78, Maths-99, Science-91, Socialscience-89). kindly give me some advice.
  • #141182
    Suganya, you can easily pursue your study through correspondence at X+II level. As you are living in Tamilnadu, I would advice you to explore the website of Tamilnadu Council for Open & Distance Learning ( If you go through the site carefully, you will find the answer of your doubts. In addition, you may also study the website of National Institute of Open Schooling (

    You have scored very good marks in Xth standard examination. So, you can opt for any of the three branches (Humanities, Commerce, Science). You have to chose your subjects carefully considering your inclination, getting guidance in studies, attending practical classes in future and other aspects. You may contact your Principal/ favourite teacher of the school where you last attended. He/She will provide you adequate guidance regarding choice of subjects.

    Best of luck to you! Be successful in your eneavour!

    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • #141183
    TThis response is marked as DELETED by the admin.

    In order to complete higher secondary level through correspondence mode, you may opt for National Institute of Open Schooling.
    National Institute of Open Schooling offers its courses mainly in English, Hindi and Urdu medium, however, you may write the examination in any scheduled regional language.
    Qualifying Higher Secondary level of examination form the Institute will enable you to appear and compete in various competitive examinations.
    For further information, refer to the Institutes official website :

  • #141191
    Thank you Mr. Partha and Himanshuchouhan for your response..

  • #141200
    Yes you can do 12th through Distance education. For this you have to take admission in National Institute of Open schooling. For more detail log on to After passing 12th with N.I.O.S you can Apply for A.I.E.E.E exam. For A.I.E.E.E you have to pas 12th class with minimum 50% marks. For ST/SC candidate minimum 45% marks is require.

  • #141203
    In order to promote education for the youths engaged in work, IGNOU would be the the best choice since the course is widely recognised and enriched in terms of contents. Moreover, this open university is equipped with study - centres in order to render assistance to the needy aspirants.
    However, you need to decide your stream so that you may secure outstanding results in your chosen stream. In order to avoid any inconvenience with respect to your studies in science as a result of inclusion of practical papers, you may choose either Arts or Commerce depending upon inclination.

  • #152315
    Can I become correspondent candidate in class 12 if I failed in class 12 CBSE and want to change subject without repeating both 11 and 12 for subject change .
    I have physical,Che,bio,maths and English but now I want to change only maths to physical education and repeat class 12 CBSE and not become NIOS

  • Sign In to post your comments