You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India Educational Consultants

    Query about Caste not mentioned in 10th class certificate

    Is any detail missing in 10th class certificate? Worried if it will create a problem in any government job application? Find advice from experts here.

    My 10 class certificate has not mentioned my caste with my name. If I fill any government form for any vacancy then can I mention my surname?
  • Answers

    5 Answers found.
  • Generally category is mentioned in 10 class certificate. In your case, cast in not mentioned then there is not a problem. you can show other identity proof in which caste is mention or your caste certificate at time of interview.
    If caste is wrongly mentioned in your certificatethen you have to apply for the correction in the certificate. it will certainly create problem in future.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • You didn't mentioned your state board. Some states go for caste certificate differently. So the answer may vary. If you are in board where you get caste mention on the passing certificate then you should reapply for the new one. You may have to go through some process with letters to the authority. You can show the necessary supplementary document where you can verify that.

  • In any Board examination, there won't be any mention about the caste in the certificate issued by the Board on pass out of the examination. Instead, the details with regard to caste and other particulars will be mentioned in the Transfer certificate issued by the school authorities. Further, you have to obtain the requisite caste certificate from the Revenue authorities in case you claim for any reservation based on your caste while appearing for further studies or employment. The mention made in the Transfer certificate would not suffice the support of your claim for reservation and the Caste Certificate issued by the Tahasildar/Revenue Divisional Officer is mandatory.


  • After passing 10th class you should you school leaving certificate which is only educational proof of your caste and religion.
    After passing board exam you should get passing marksheet and board certificate. Both will have your 10th score. difference in both is as per their name. Marksheet is for your scores and certificate is appreciation for passing exam.
    In case of applying higher education and jobs please use birth certificate or cast validity certificate. For General cast there is no cast validity proof required.

    Life Is Beautiful

  • The SC /ST certificates are different from School leaving certificate and Matriculation pass certificate. However, the Caste and religion are not mentioned in those certificate.

    In a country like India and state like Nagaland, one will require a seperate certificate for SC/ ST if you are going to submit your resume /C.Vitae to work at Goverment institution. The caste certifate are issued by District Magistrate from the District or State District Administration office.

    Private institution doesn't require all these documents but Govt require this to keep a record of caste for authentication purposes.

    Hackers never learns but always wins!

  • Sign In to post your comments