You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Automobiles

    RE-Registration of a Vehicle in Kerala.

    Don't know the procedure for registration of a used vehicle outside the state of purchase. Go through the suggestions offered by our experts.

    Recently I took a Bike 2010 model from Hyderabad, a used one so the 1'st owner is not me. I need to Register the Bike to my name in my state Kerala. The bike have all papers good excluding the insurance. I am seeking the Legal formalities and procedure that I need to follow.
  • #141867
    In the first instance, you should get it transferred in your name at Hyderabad where you have purchased from the first owner. After getting completed the formalities which take just three weeks to get the C-book in your name, you apply for No objection certificate from the RTA at Hyderabad to get it transferred from Telangana to Kerala. On production of the NOC, the Kerala Transport Authorities would give fresh registration number of the state after completing the process of your application with challan (the amount applicable as per the State Government rates) for transfer of documents. It may take 30-45 days as a whole but mandatory.

  • #141888
    Dear jagdish, Is it possible to register to my name if I dont have a permanant address here ?

  • Sign In to post your comments