You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Mental Health

    Where can I check my brain chemical changes?

    Are you on antidepressants? Are you worried that you might be the victim of the side effects of antidepressants? Find out what our experts have to say.

    I am from Kerala and am using depression medicine for past four years. I have big head ache now

    Please help me on that. How can I know exact chemical change in brain? Hormone or any chemical change that effects my brain. I want to know is which doctor I should consult for this? Which blood test I should take to get exact result? What is this department called?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • I am surprised that your taking depression medicine for past four years and now you want to stop. "Never late than better". First you contact a psychiatrist and tell him your problem and the medicine that you are consuming and the problems your facing after consuming that medicine. According to me there is no problem with your brain but you have to stop consuming depression medicine. Because I think directing you to any medicine with out your report will not be fine. So first meet your doctor find out about your health and then if possible please start doing yoga for your depression. I hope this may help you.

  • Are you taking the anti-depressants without consulting any psychiatrist? And you have been doing this for four years! Without bothering to know about the chemical effect and hormonal change of your brain, visit a qualified psychiatrist immediately and act according to his/her advice. I am repeating: Please visit a qualified psychiatrist immediately and do whatever he/she directs. Don't go for unreliable advice. Very few people in socia media lplatforms can advise you properly. Even a psychiatrist can't give proper advice without examining and talking to you.

    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • If you are taking anti depression pills with the consultant of any psychiatrist or physician first contact him and tell him the problem you are facing. If you are taking anti depression pills without consulting any psychiatrist or physician immediately contact your family doctor or physician. He will guide you what to do next. It is not better to you to get answer of this type of serious question on internet since you are not on primary level. you are using anti depression pills for four years. Online consulting will get you more confusing. So immediately take appointment of physician and consult him.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • If you are taking anti depressant from Ayurveda or homeopathic medicine, then it should not have much issues. But if you are taking any from the mainstream medicine without consulting the psychiatrist, then you are doing self medication. And that is wrong. I suggest you to go to doctor, diagnose yourself. Problem with self medication is that you have to understand that you should not take any mainstream medicine without prescription. Because doing such thing may harm your state of mind. I suggest you to diagnose yourself through a professional. That should give you an idea of which medication is right for you.

    If you really want to control the process of you are being treated,, you should rather invest into mindfulness and Cognitive behavior therapy. That is far better way to handle depression than taking self medication. Please reconsider your actions.

  • Sign In to post your comments