You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    Query about studying BTech after completion of Diploma

    Aspiring to study BTech after Diploma? Wondering how to do so? On this page, read the responses and resolve your query.

    I am Diploma student and will be completing my course in this year. I want to study BTech. Is it possible or not? I am studying Diploma in Civil Engineering after standard X. If I do not study BTech which group will be valuable for me?
  • Answers

    7 Answers found.
  • Arun, you can pursue B. Tech after completing your diploma in Civil Engineering. The required qualification for the B. Tech : The candidate should have passes 10+2 examination in science stream ( physics, chemistry and mathematics ) from a recognized university/ the candidate should have passed the diploma course in engineering with 60% marks in aggregate from recognized technical education from any state. Admissions are done on the basis of entrance examination and the marks secured at the qualifying examination. Focus on your studies and secure high percentage in your diploma course to secure admission for B. Tech course. Wishing you the Best.

  • Its good you are studying Diploma in Civil Engineering and completed two years of the study and you have started thinking about your future studies in advance.After Diploma most of the students opt for the engineering to direct second year in the same stream of what the student had opted for the group in the Diploma studies for the past three years after the X standard.
    Even the group Civil Engineering is most wanted today. By obtaining highest marks in the three years in Diploma its also possible to change the group in the B.Tech or B.E majors. Its good to approach the same institution to obtain the B.Tech group so that there might be a option to ask for the different groups like CSE, IT, ECE, EEE. The best group is IT and CSE as it can quickly fetch job with good package after the completion of final year in the B.Tech or B.E.

  • You can surely complete your B. Tech degree. The admission to second year of the degree course is possible after the graduation of the diploma. In case of MSBTE Maharashtra and few other states, there is a rule of 60% to be scored in the diploma. If your final year diploma percentage are in that range, then you'd be able to get into second year of the engineering. You have to do the due process required in such case. Though there are no tests or entrance exam for this. And just applying and being accepted in the college is definitely possible. So make sure to check with nearby university and colleges for specific information on admission process.

  • With regard to your query, I would say that you can definitely go ahead with your B.Tech course in the Civil - engineering stream. Provision is there for the admission in the second year of the four year course provided you secure impressive marks in your Diploma course. Since such admission is limited, you have to work hard to clear the Diploma with the outstanding results. You may make an enquiry from your Institution if there is possibility for sustenance of Degree course in their Engineering - college. That would be an ideal situation, otherwise your outstanding performance would widen your prospects for admission even in other reputed Engineering - college.
    The other option would be to look out for a service related to Civil - engineering and side by side, persue AMIE in Civil - engineering for better future prospects in future.

  • You are eligible to do B.Tech after completing your diploma. No doubt about this. You will be admitted into 2nd year of B.Tech/B.E. You have to qualify in entrance test for this admission. Different universities in a state will be conducting an entrance test for these admissions. Please watch for the advertisements and apply. There are some institutions offering coaching for this entrance also. You can take coaching if you require. Get ready and write the entrance. All the best to you. Another way is you can go for AMIE which is equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. For studying this you have to have some experience and it is a private study.

    always confident

  • As already mentioned by our friends here, the Diploma holders who have completed 3 year diploma in the relevant field in a recognized Institute like Government Polytechnic are eligible for joining in the II year B Tech/ B E course directly after clearing a Common Entrance Test conducted by the respective State Government agencies. For instance, you have pursued your Diploma in Civil Engineering, then you are entitled to join in II year of B Tech course in Civil Engineering or any other branch related Civil Engineering like Soil management or Ground water technology etc. States like Telengana. AP, Maharastra, Karnataka and others hold a CET exclusively for admission into Engineering colleges for those Diploma holders every year. You can check out for the advertisement and go ahead.


  • You can do Bachelor in Engineering or B. Technology. Since you did Diploma in Civil , the degree should be in Civil engineering too. But You can opt different streams of engineering for M.Tech. Like Construction , Production engineering. So for now be ready to get good score in Diploma so that you can apply for good B Tech colleges.

    Life Is Beautiful

  • Sign In to post your comments