You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Central Government

    What documents are required as address proof for an Aadhaar card?

    Applying for an Aadhaar card after marriage and staying at your parents' home? Know from the expert responses below which supporting documents are required for address proof to get the card at the parent's home.

    I have a query about applying for an Aadhaar card. What documents are needed for a married daughter staying with parents for getting Aadhaar card at the parents' address?
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • If you go to nearest grahak seva kendra, they will ask you for the utility bills for the address proof. For example, water bill, electricity bill, telephone bill and even the voting card. These are taken for the address proof. You can easily get those approved too. Another question of yours as an address being on parents name. That is totally fine. Many households remain like that. And so the people in that household get the address of the parents or spouse. So that should be just fine as well. The same applies for the person who is married and living with husband. Or some old person without Aadhar card.

  • The most authentic address proof accepted in making adhar card is Ration Card. By scanning of ration card you would be able to make adhaar card easily. some other documents accepted are:

    • Ration Card
    • Bank Passbook
    • Passport
    • Post Office Passbook
    • Statement of bank or post office account
    • Voter ID
    • Government photo ID card
    • Driving License
    • Water bill
    • Electric Bill

    These documents are accepted for address proof.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • The following documents can be used as address proof for AADHAR card:-
    (a) Passport
    (b) Utility bills
    (c) Ration Card
    (d) Bank passbook of active account
    (e) Post Office Passbook of active account
    (f) Election ID Card
    (g) Government ID Card
    (h) Driving License
    Nowadays, self-attested copies of above documents are accepted.

    In case of spouse and children, it may be possible that they don't possess any of the above documents. In that case, a certificate from Classs-I Gazetted Officer establishing the relationship between the Head of the Family (who has the above documents) and the applicant without document, and certifying the residential address of the applicant, is accepted for this purpose.

    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • Sign In to post your comments