You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Indian Law

    Correction in 10th and 12th marksheet

    Is there any mismatch in 10 and 12 marksheet? Searching for methods to correct this mistake? On this Ask Expert page find response to your queries.

    I have passed my 10th and 12th class from Haryana Board. But the name does not tally in my 10th and 12th marksheet.
    Would it create problems in future while documentation in govt jobs?
    Can you provide various solutions to tackle this issue?
  • Answers

    6 Answers found.
  • Yes most likely it might create problem. Try to correct it as soon as possible by either requesting them or asking for duplicate one. If not at least make sure you get correct name on your graduation certificates and transfer certificate. Worst case , you will have to affidavit that to consider affidavit printed name as correct name instead of marksheet name.

    Life Is Beautiful

  • Yes, Its really a matter of concern. I will suggest you to apply for the correction of the name in your all mark sheets of 10th and intermediate
    You have to applied for the correction of names in the mark sheets and certificates. For the correction you have to submit a form online /offline with certain fees and some documents like photocopy of scholar book of school and photo copy of mark sheet along with original mark sheet. After 10-15 days your board will issue you a new certificate and mark sheet.
    In most of the boards, you can submit online application. If you apply within three months of declaration of result you will get new mark sheet free of charge. If you are applying after time periods, they will charge some nominal charges.
    You can apply online yourselves of through any Kiosk Center.
    So, go for the correction and it very easy process. I will suggest you to apply as soon as possible.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • Yes, that is considered a major mistake which will cause problem in future, unless not rectified, especially if you are selected for Government jobs. I suggest the following step:-
    You have to sign an affidavit before a First-class Magistrate of the city where you stay. The affidavit should be suitably-worded. In addition, you have to give classified advertisment in one English newspaper and in one vernacular newspaper in this regard indicating both of your names. You have to permanently preserve the original affidavit and the advertsiments to avoid future complications .

    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • Any anamoly in respect of your name has to be rectified at the earlest in order to avoid complication likely to arise in the later stage.
    The best way would be to approach the Principal of your school and request him to approach to the concerned Board for the rectification of the error. You may write an application giving the entire details for which correction is required. This application has to be forwarded through the Principal and finally to be sent to the office of the Board for the needful.
    You would get a fresh mark- sheet where your correct name will appear.
    The same may be corrected in the office of First Class Magistrate producing all the relevant details and you would be required to sign an affidavit. You may take the help of a lawyer in this regard. A final notification would be required to be published in the Local News Paper in addition to the leading English News Paper where your corrected name endorsed by the Magistrate should appear.

  • The board of Intermediate Education usually opens a portal for rectifying any information mistakes in marksheet. This portal opens for a limited amount of time and you will have to pay a certain amount to get it done. Another way is to approach your school or college and request the principal to help you in this matter and believe me a principal can seriously help you in rectification process by giving necessary permissions. I would recommend you to make changes in inter certificate if you have not received it yet. The final option is to consider making an affidavit which may state that both your names belong to you. You may go through the procedure of your choice. Consider meeting your principal in this regard.

  • Sir i went to the principal of school to get my name correction in marksheet .but he refused to correct my name and misbhaved me and said i would not do this
    (Jha complain krni h kro me likh k ni dunga) .
    Then what should i do now?
    Do i need to go to SDM OR DC office in my district.

  • Sign In to post your comments