You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

    Query regarding mistake in name in certificates

    Have a query regarding name mistake in certificates? Worried about this issue? On this Ask Expert page you can check out suggestions from experts.

    There are no spelling mistakes in my name but they gave space in name of intermediate, but in 10th they didn't gave any space.
    Is this a concern?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • Though there is not a major problem but I would like to suggest you to go for correction. It is always better to have correct names in all documents. you can easily go for correction . You have not mentioned full name and where space is given and also you have not given board from where you have passed 10th and intermediate.
    For the correction in this regard visit the board site there would be an option of correction of name. Fill the form and apply for the correction. You have to also submit scanned copy of marksheet, scholar register and a letter of Principal of your school. You have to pay some nominal charges for this purposes.
    You can also apply offline for the same. For that you have to fill a form (form would be available to your principal or district education office) and send it with the above document to board office. You have pay fees through challan for offline process.
    After applying you will get your new and corrected marksheet and certificate after 10-14 days.
    So don't waste time and go for correction.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • My name in 10th Aandhrapradesh as CHANDRASEKHARREDDY
    In intermediate it's as
    CHANDRASEKHAR REDDY, and I want to space for REDDY in 10th memo, how?

  • TThis response is marked as DELETED by the admin.

    Yes, even such minor mistake may cause problem in future, particularly if you are selected/appointed in Government. This may create problem in property-related issues also. I suggest you to take the following steps:-

    1. You have to sign an affidavit before a first-class magistrate of the city where you stay. The affidavit should be suitably-worded.
    2. In addition, you have to give classified advertisment in one English newspaper and in one vernacular newspaper in this regard indicating both of your names.
    3. You have to permanently preserve the original affidavit and the advertsiments to avoid future complications .

    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • Sir is the affidavit is just enough or should I change name in SSC, I'm reluctant to change in SCC

  • Sign In to post your comments