You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Opinion About

    Opinion regarding passport applying in India

    Do you want to know the procedure for getting a Passport in India? Just chek in here to know from our experts.

    Is Aadhar Card , 10th class certificate and Bank pass book sufficient for applying new Passport in India .If any other document requires then please share detail. And please share the whole process include police verification
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • You can apply for a passport on line. Go to the link and do the needful. In that site all the details regarding how to apply , how to fill each column and what are the documents you have to attach and other details are given clearly. The documents mentioned in your post are ok. You may require some passport size photographs also. You have to visit the passport office as per the time and date fixed on your online application. All the best to you.

    always confident

  • As you might be aware, Indian passport documents depend on whether you are a minor or an adult or a senior citizen. Further the documents differ if you are looking for Normal application or a Tatkal application. And then the documents also variate depending on whether you eligible looking for Non-ECR category or need a ECR (Emigration Check Required).

    Since you have mentioned 10th class certificate, I am considering you in the adult category.
    In first scenario, I am considering that you are making a Normal application as an adult and
    are eligible for Non-ECR.
    Under usual circumstances, you will need a
    1. Proof of Present address
      • Water bill
      • Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill
      • Electricity bill
      • Income tax assessment Order
      • Election Commission Photo ID card
      • Proof of Gas Connection
      • Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
      • Spouse's passport copy (first and last page including family details provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouses passport)
      • Aadhar card
      • If you are staying in a rented place then the rent agreement which is registered and notarised will also be acceptable
      • Passbook with your photo from Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only
    2. Proof of Date of Birth
      • Birth certificate
      • Transfer or School leaving certificate
      • Policy bond by Life Insurance companies
      • Aadhar or E-Aadhar card
      • Election photo identity card (to be deprecated soon)
      • PAN card
      • Driving license (If in current card format)
    3. Documentary proof for any one of the Non-ECR categories
      • Since you have mentioned 10th standard, I am assuming that your age is up to 18 years. You would need to submit Birth certificate for Non-ECR status. If you have completed any bachelors degree, then the same would be more preferable.

    If you are staying away from your parents home for education and applying for passport then you will have to submit Student identity card issued by your education institution. Your institution should be issued by Government recognised Education Institution and you should be on full time courses. One should also submit a Bonafide Letter from authorized signatory of college on official letter head of the UGC recognised college.

    If you are applying on Tatkal basis then you will have submit Standard affidavit as per Annexure E of the passport application form. You would also need to submit Verification Certificate as per specimen in Annexure B.

    Thus what you asked for is very much acceptable apart from the 10th Standard certificate. The same may not be acceptable for Non-ECR categorisation of your passport.

    Self-discipline brings success; but restraints too binding bring self-defeat.

  • For your query the lead editor has mentioned correctly. still before you apply please consult the passport office once for details because there may be some minor changes as per the government rules.

  • Dear Chetan,
    Yes all these three documents are sufficient for new passport. One for DOB, second for address proof and 10th marksheet for immigration not required. To apply online for new passport please read this article .

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • Sign In to post your comments