1. No, the preparation for Indian Civil Services is totally different. Thestandard of questions and pattern of questions are not at all similar.
2. This year CGL examination will be held in four stages (tiers). First stage is Preliminary. The qualified candidates will appear in English and Maths. paper in the second stage. Those who qualify in the second stage, will have to appear in English/Hindi subjective at the third stage. In the fourth stage, candidates have to appear in MS-Office (data entry)examination. There is no interview/personality test for the candidates.
3. I hope you are now clear that ICS and CGL examinations are totally different. You can search various websites to understand the pattern in details.
4. As the examination in the new pattern is being held for the first time, it would not be possible to mention the books. However, if you vist book-shops of your city, you will be able to be get good practice sets for all tiers and all subjects.
5. If necessary, you can seek detailed guidance in respect of each subject or each tier.
Best of Luck!.
Beware! I question everything and everybody.