Looking for NEET / JEE Coaching? Enquire Now

Confused between opting BBA or BCA

Aspiring to study graduation? Want to know the difference between options of BBA and BCA? Here, on this page you can find guidance from experts.

I am from Commerce (without Maths)stream. I have completed 12th this year and I scored 83.75% . Now I have to take admission in college but I am confused between BCA and BBA.
    For BCA ,I have heard that one must have maths in 11th and 12th standard. But I have also heard that some colleges admit students without maths also. I am really confused that I whether will be able to cope up with Maths if I will go for BCA as I am not in touch with maths since 2 years. I want to go in software developing/IT/ multinational companies.
    From BCA I can be a software developer and from BBA I can be a finance manager. I am also confused whether I should go for finance manager or software developer? Please suggest me whether I should go for BCA or BBA?

• You have stated: "From BCA I can be a software developer and finance manager and from BBA I can be a finance manager." Your knowledge is incomplete in this regard. A management student can study human resource management, materials management, supply chain management, sales management, operations management, etc., besides financial management. Similarly, a student of computer application can study various other subjects besides softwire developing.
    The question which you have asked to the Members of ISC should be asked to yourself. Your choice of course depends upon your mental inclination and your goal in the future. There are various avenues both for computer application students and management students. You know about these fields, subjects of study in both the courses and then you have to decide on your own.
    Only this much can be stated that without studying Mathematics in XI-XII level, you will initially face some problem while studying BCA, but you can overcome it with determination and hard work.

"If you are killed in action, you go to Heaven. If you win, you rule this Earth (as beautiful as Heaven). That is why, O son of Kunti, take a firm resolve and fight!"-- Shrimad Bhagwad Gita

• BCA course is specialized arranged wherein the assortment of PC related subjects or specialized subjects that the applicant will ponder and thereby he will have a decent number of openings for work in different IT organizations not long after the consummation of BCA course. BBA includes the assortment of subjects Essay Help which are identified with business and management arranged. These individuals can have openings for work in all the business parts.

• No course should be undervalued and success can be attained with your true involvement in the field, you are likely to persue.
    You need to understand the primary objective the course and the resources essential to sustain the studies which is being undertaken. In BCA, familiarity with the Mathematics is essential to grasp the ongoing projects such as Differntial - calculus, Intgral - calculas, Differential - equation, Bullen - algebra etc. You have to go through different programmings in computer - application where in the fundamentals of Mathematics is needed to be applied. As such this subject forms an integral part.
    Similarly, in BBA there are different streams such as Human - resources, Marketing, Finance, Computer - management and each field would require different set of skills. In order to succeed in the field of Finance, you must be sound in Book - keeping and Accountancy.
    So you need to have a clear concept before choosing any field and also you need to fulfil the basic requirement essential to persue a course.

• BCA and BBA. Both are good courses. Both will have good openings. But the important factor is what is your field of interest? In your +2 you have not opted for mathematics. It indicates to me that you are not very much interested in mathematics. Do you Agree? If your answer is "yes", you should not opt for BCA. If your answer is "No". You can think of both.
    Always BBA is an add on degree. What I mean is a basic qualification of B.Tech or B.SC or B.A, then going for BBA will have very good opportunities. But BBA as a stand alone degree is not that much advisable. BCA is a better option. I also know that some colleges are offering BCA to non mathematics stream students also. Initially you may have to work a little hard. Once you overcome that initial difficulty you will be fairly comfortable in BCA also. You need not worry about that.Choose a good college where campus interviews will be conducted and good faculty is available.

• If your goal to become a software Engineer, then go for B.C.A and then go for M.C.A. - a post graduation which will help to compete with other Engineering students when attending for an interview. To pursue B.C.A. you should develop your mathematical knowledge which will help to expand your brain power for logical thinking. If you feel Maths as a difficult subject, then go for some coaching class which will make you to understand so easily with in some period of time.

If you got job after completing this course, you can pursue M.B.A which will help you to move for Manager post. Also you will have Computer application knowledge with MBA degree. Sure it will help for your career to go for higher level in any organisation.

• Thanks a lot for the post. It has helped me get some nice ideas. I hope I will see some really good result soon.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.